HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prelude (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   check this out!!!!! (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20419)

IALuder 03-22-2004 05:08 PM

check this out!!!!!

http://www.hpoa.org/showthread.php?t=17873

im going to honda tommorow to get stock tails. i want to do this so bad. i think it looks dope.

cashizslick 03-22-2004 05:20 PM

Cant log in . . .

IALuder 03-22-2004 07:20 PM

92-96 Prelude, clear rear blink mods
I am not responsible for anything that might negatively affect your car throughout this install. You take the inherent risks of doing this yourself.

Before i begin, i want to thank Audax, the original clear tail light write up man. Way back in the day. wherever you are, my hat is off to you....

Now down to work, set aside a good weekend to do this properly...and take your time with it...here we go:

Tools
1. Dremel/Razor knife
2. Socket set
3. Oven and/or heat gun
4. Clear epoxy

Needed...
1. set of stock tails
2. Bathroom filament plastic

Shall we begin....
Start:
stock tails:

1. Pop your trunk...

2. On the right and left hand side, open up the tail light pannels and un bolt the screws:
Pannel:

Things to unbolt:

3. Once bolted, seperate rear housing from the tail light, and clean tail light to prep for oven
(Past this step you may choose one of two options, the first is the quickest, cleanest route)

4a. Oven baking.
- Put your tails on a cookie tray wrapped in alum. foil so as not to hurt either the tray or the tails
-Set your oven for 300 degrees and once it is there, pop the tails individually in for 3 minutes at a time

-once in there, pop them out, and pry them apart....

4b. Heat gun.
-the old school way of doing it. using a heat gun or hair dryer, go around the edges of the light until they sofen, and pry apart with a screw driver (takes a couple hours to do right)

5. Once apart, pop out the orange/clear peice and trace it onto your bathroom fillament. Then cut the fillament peice w/ your dremel or razor knife.

6. Take the peice you cut, test fit, then glue it in place of the orange peice (some people do not glue, but i would just incase it falls out of place)

7. Let the epoxy dry, then repeat the heating of the tails in the oven, but push the peices together instead of prying apart.

7a. make sure the seals around the edges are still OEM perfect before reinstalling them:

8. Done! compare stock to clear:

ChrisCantSkate 03-22-2004 07:30 PM

im banned from that site

IALuder 03-22-2004 07:34 PM

lol what the hell did you do?

IALuder 03-22-2004 07:44 PM

heres what the final product looks like.

ebpda9 03-22-2004 08:57 PM

we did that to my bro's maxima. the same material will be used to make fog lights for my front bumper

IALuder 03-22-2004 10:04 PM

im planning on getting the done before next week. i think it will look pretty damn good.

ChrisCantSkate 03-22-2004 11:39 PM

i always wanted to do mine... never did.

oh and me and 3 or 4 other people form another board whored that place the first few dayts it was up... and we got warned... and warned... and warned... then banned

IALuder 03-23-2004 09:33 AM

lol nice.

yea i wanted to get my red/clear for so long. but i never knew how. well i got a step by step how to so im going to try.

ill let you knoe how it goes.

c0ng0 b0ng0 03-23-2004 07:39 PM

why would you want to do that

IALuder 03-24-2004 01:30 PM

because i hate the look of the piss yellow amber lense.

c0ng0 b0ng0 03-24-2004 01:33 PM

ok lol that is fiar where can i get some of those

also how did you get your civic tail lights to be that shape i like those they are hot

MAXed Out 03-24-2004 01:46 PM

It's not a civic! Its a prelude. Anyways SF do that mod to ur car it's absolutely cheap and it changes the look of ur car imediately. I did it to mine and it looks slick. if u want me too ill go take some pics of it. but make sure u heat that glue carefully without melting the tail light. Also make sure when u put it back in u reheat the glue a lil. Peace!

Caliprophet 03-24-2004 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by c0ng0 b0ng0
ok lol that is fiar where can i get some of those

also how did you get your civic tail lights to be that shape i like those they are hot

No disrespect because you were probably just assuming but that is a no-no to anyone who drives a Prelude. Me and everyone else I talk to hates it when you mistake our cars as civics. I even have a Uncle tell me thats a cute civic you got there. I said noooo get in and I will show you its no civic..

IALuder 03-24-2004 03:31 PM

^agrees. its a 95 Prelude not a 2002 civic.
plus you can get those style lights for your car. just go to racerwheel.com and check them out. their cheap only like 80bucks.

i have to make my own due to the fact no one pre-makes them for a prelude.

IALuder 03-24-2004 10:11 PM

wow. you really need to read up on all honda cars. go to a site with all the specs for every car and what not. i dont want to explain it all it out.

preludes are however hondas fastest car.

ChrisCantSkate 03-25-2004 09:31 AM

seriously last warning... on topic now. congo bongo if you want to know how fast a prelude is make a new post. tech forms(expecially mine) will stay free of thread hijacking.. and that is why the last 4-5 posts are missing

IALuder 03-25-2004 10:59 AM

i was wondering why i was talking to myself. :|

ChrisCantSkate 03-25-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SFKing
i was wondering why i was talking to myself. :|

you had a good thread about the tail lights, i wanted to keep it that way. btw THANKYOU for finding a writeup on how to do this... its been killin me that i couldnt find one

IALuder 03-25-2004 02:08 PM

no problem. i started the project yestarday.

i need to get the fiilliment. i dont got cash so itll be a couple more days before i finish them. ill post my pics.

*edit* maybe we should make this a sticky in the step by step forum.*edit*

brianhatchie 04-02-2004 11:37 AM

is that why the congo bongo guy was banned? :)

ChrisCantSkate 04-02-2004 11:40 AM

one of many reasons

DarkPrelude 04-06-2004 12:15 PM

Hey If I were you I would just keep it as it is and do more to the motor. Build up your motor more. 220 hp is not enough. You made a great choice in choosing a JDM motor a plus. Headers 4-1, cad-converter to Greddy exhaust 2 1/2 in. to 3 in.. , AEM cold air intake, V-tec controller, and bump up your time to 18 degrees instead of 15 degrees stock. This will improve torque. This will give you more torque and hp to almost 300 hp to the wheel. For example I had a race against a Tsi AWD first gen. he beat me on the start about 2 car length and I started to pull on him on 3rd gear and passed him on 4 th gear then I was gone. I spun my tire on 1 and 2 gear. That is how much torque the prelude can give. It's all about how you finish the race and not how you start them.

IALuder 04-06-2004 01:25 PM

im trying to do the very little exterior mods i planned to do first. im good with my 220+hp. i have more then just the motor.

List of mods: Ground Out System, Greddy Evo2 cat-back, Injen intake, Manga Flow High FLow Cat converter.