HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Best Buy can suck it (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27400)

GT40FIED 06-03-2008 12:02 AM

Best Buy can suck it

So I was in Best Buy the other day picking up a game for my PS3 and I figured I'd check out their HDMI cables and maybe get one for my Playstation just for shits and giggles. Much to my surprise, a 6ft HDMI cable costed north of $100. So I figured 480i vs. $100+ was going to have to do. Got home later on and jumped online to see if anyone had them cheaper and wouldn't ya know I picked up 3 6ft cables...for just over $4.00 each. At first I thought "these must be shit..." but no...tons of places sell them that cheap online. So Best Buy...suck it.

How're the rest of of you magnificent bastards doing?

ChrisCantSkate 06-04-2008 03:47 PM

good find :D reminds me... i need a monitor cable.

still just shittin about, tryin to record a demo with my band over the past few weeks... unsuccessfully

GT40FIED 06-05-2008 10:31 AM

Got my shit yesterday and got it all hooked up. Holy shit. I've got an HD set, but I'd never actually watched anything in HD before. Fucking amazing.

ShEaNy 06-08-2008 12:37 AM

yea Hd is amazing...Best Buy does suck royal...always had problems dealing with them and there prices..

2000Pimpinex 07-09-2008 05:28 AM

HD for the first time is great. I can remember, it wasn't all that long ago for me either.

2000Pimpinex 07-10-2008 05:31 AM

I hate circuit city worse but best buy is pretty bad also.

Racing Rice 07-10-2008 01:08 PM

HD definitely is a step up from the regular DVDs. I just wish TWC would step up the game and offer more HD TV. They are so weak.

GT40FIED 07-15-2008 01:09 AM

Around here you can get a lot of HD channels with TWC for free...you just need the HD set top box. Doesn't cost anything, but you have to go exchange the one you have and I'm just too fucking lazy. I'll do it when I move. :D

Racing Rice 07-15-2008 09:08 AM

We get quite a few local channels for free her as well, but it still doesn't compare to Dish Network.

2000Pimpinex 07-15-2008 05:14 PM

I get the normal local HD channels for free. Nothing much. But I use insight now and have a ton of channels.

nonovurbizniz 07-28-2008 01:47 PM

You can get back at best buy easy...

they have a SICK return policy... my buddy went in on a thurs. or friday to buy a nice video camera to film waterfest... used it all weekend got all the video off of it onto his computer and returned it the next week...

I've personally bought and returned like 4 monitors in a row just cuz I changed my mind about which one I wanted... I'm sure it kills them in restocking/returns.

Only shitty things are if your a debit card they mail you a check for purchases over 300 but for CC I think they just reverse the charge on your card.

2000Pimpinex 07-29-2008 05:30 AM

Thats a great way to get back at them but I couldn't/wouldn't do it. Its a moral thing with me.

nonovurbizniz 07-29-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000Pimpinex
Thats a great way to get back at them but I couldn't/wouldn't do it. Its a moral thing with me.

It's their policy, I don't do it maliciously I use it to my advantage.

The monitors were for work and the person they were for didn't like them one after another... ended up having to order one online for her.

The video camera my friend did is def. more than I would.. but again.. .it's THEIR policy.

I actually like best buy though.

The HDMI cables is something the chains like best buy ALL do... I'm not really sure why... I'm pretty sure they even exceed the manufacturers MSRP on lots of them. But do keep in mind that monster cable 6ft RCA's cost like 40-50 bucks and you can get hose for like 99cents if they're generic and you go to walmart.

P.S. Walmart sells cheap HDMI cables in store. but usually online is the safest... I got some like reference quality ones for DIRT cheap and the company will make them to any spec. IE HDMI to DVI or HDMI-mini HDMI or just HDMI to HDMI they have DVI cabels and DVI-D cables ALL really good quality for dirt cheap. Only thing is the cables themselves are actually pretty thick so it's kind of a bitch to run them neatly and they don't make sharp bends well at all. Can't remember the place i got them online though... but I got like 3 sets of mixed ones all 15' for like 9.99 each.

if anyone's interested I can find out where I got them.

Racing Rice 08-01-2008 12:13 PM

I bought my 6ft HDMI cable from buy.com for 9.99 or something like that