HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   DC5/EP3 (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Question about Type "R"s (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802)

KaptainMike 10-23-2001 08:59 AM

Question about Type "R"s

I am curious....how does a Integra late-model Type R match up against a 2G Eclipse Nonturbo? The reason why I ask is that I had a yellow one in Houston messing with me one saturday night, girl driving, guy in passenger seat, and we were running from a rolling start and I had no probs walking him. Was it a "badged" type R or a real one? Legit question, I think. Especially since I am not THAT modded yet. Heck I dont even have exhaust! Any info or specifications are greatly appreciated! TIA! :bandit:

2fcknfst 10-23-2001 11:29 AM

Your answer...

It is probably fair to say that the lady who was behind the wheel didn't really know what she was doing; or, it was not a real R.

Remember, the car is only one part of the equation, driver skill is a much bigger factor.

As you have proven.

Tanabe'd GSR 10-23-2001 08:26 PM

I would have to say that it's either a fake R or the driver was not racing. A non-turbo Eclipse doesn't have much of a chance against a Type R. Now, a TURBO eclipse w/ few mods and a Type R would be a much better race. I think the Type R is rated at 14.8 in the quarter and the GST at 15.0. In my experiences... I've beaten a stock GST when I only had i/h/e. So... to answer your question... No... I don't think a 2GNT could beat/hang with a stock Type R.

Accord Man 10-24-2001 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tanabe'd GSR
I would have to say that it's either a fake R or the driver was not racing. A non-turbo Eclipse doesn't have much of a chance against a Type R. Now, a TURBO eclipse w/ few mods and a Type R would be a much better race. I think the Type R is rated at 14.8 in the quarter and the GST at 15.0. In my experiences... I've beaten a stock GST when I only had i/h/e. So... to answer your question... No... I don't think a 2GNT could beat/hang with a stock Type R.

It most certanly cant.

I've seen many try at the track.. but no luck.

slowerthanu 10-24-2001 09:40 PM

Fake R, even a Bad driver would walk an NA eclipse

Lighter weight + better gearing + LSD + Higher HP = stomping

RyaN95i4 10-26-2001 09:43 AM

The R shoulda walked you. hard.

my guess, she forget to downshift and was shifting at 5700 rpms when the engine starting sounding funny, hehe ;)

My buddy ran 14.70's in his stock 2001 ITR....well....now its turbod and putting down over 500 hp, a lil bit faster now ;)

TragikTSi 11-15-2001 06:25 PM

Needless to say I'm not impressed with the Type R. My buddy spanked one with his STOCK Daytona Iroc R/T with 3 people it in. Plus this wasn't a stock Type R, it was supercharged and around here Type R's have no options. Sorry I'm not dissing I'm just saything that's one slow car if it's supercharged and weight's more than a 1000lbs less than an R/T and lost to the R/T..

Tanabe'd GSR 11-16-2001 02:28 AM

Tragik TSi...

I'm not saying that you're lying or that you made up the little IROC story but a supercharged Type R vs. a STOCK IROC??? I don't know about that one. I don't hold the Type R in highest regards (not impressed) but is a stock IROC THAT fast??? A supercharged R w/ the necessary mods (header, exhaust, VAFC, fuel pump) is a mid to low 13 second car with a good driver. What kind of quarter mile numbers does the IROC pull in???

HybridHatch128 11-16-2001 03:59 AM

Stock to stock... ITR vs Eclipse GS/RS- out come, ITR... Either way the ITR should've beaten the Eclipse senseless... Put the best NA Eclipse driver against a mildly wild ITR driver, ITR would still win... Sorry to have disappointed u...

TragikTSi 11-16-2001 06:04 PM

Tanabe'd GSR: I see what your saying. But this Type R was slow, real slow. And it was a real Type R because my buddy the honda freak even said it was real, plus after the race the guy told us it was real. I dunno what the R/T does I think a 14.8....

tightteg52 11-25-2001 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TragikTSi
Needless to say I'm not impressed with the Type R. My buddy spanked one with his STOCK Daytona Iroc R/T with 3 people it in. Plus this wasn't a stock Type R, it was supercharged and around here Type R's have no options. Sorry I'm not dissing I'm just saything that's one slow car if it's supercharged and weight's more than a 1000lbs less than an R/T and lost to the R/T..

itr's dont respond well to boost due to there relativley high compression ratio and more agressive cams. supercharger also give low boost without bigger pullies so chances are it wasn't proparlly (SP?) tuned cause a supercharged car w/ poor tuning will hardly help the car if not hurt it by runing rich or lean or possibly blowing the engine. you said the r/t runs a 14.8 the itr runs 14.7 stock and your boy was wieghed down w/ and extra 300 -750 punds if they are between 100-150lbs apiece and in the 1/4 mile 100lbs=about .1 sec so that would knock your friend to roughly 15-15.4. so either a the itr driver uscked or it was installed and not tuned. sorry just had to get technicall but itra re better for auto-x the drag they can turn w/ great ease now if you want a integra to drag try a ls w/ a drag gen 3 kit (thats me hopefully in april :) ) just my .02

TruHeel142 11-29-2001 01:58 PM

A women driving a Type-R???

Probably was a type-r, but she just couldn't drive it.

I think its safe to say a stock type-r is faster than a Eclipse GS too.