HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   already a blown shock (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7513)

ebpda9 09-22-2002 09:36 PM

already a blown shock

well i've put my new suspension on the car about 2 months ago and i have a blown shock. i tried kyb's site but i can't find anything about the returns or how to return it to them and have the shock fixed. anyone has any ideas ?

94_AcCoRd_EX 09-22-2002 09:41 PM

I don't know how to get ahold of them, but I've heard they are great with replacing blown shocks. You were only on pro-kits, right?

ebpda9 09-22-2002 09:45 PM

yup

i wanna get some goldline springs. prokits are too harsh on the car. the car is stiff as hell even on the first setting of the strut.

Accord Man 09-22-2002 10:16 PM

Stefan are you sure everything was installed right?

The Prokits are one of the more comfy springs on the market..

Maybe the shock was defective, since it blew and all..

94_AcCoRd_EX 09-22-2002 10:16 PM

Pro-kits are too harsh? :eek: I thought they were one of the softest springs out there.

ebpda9 09-23-2002 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Pro-kits are too harsh? :eek: I thought they were one of the softest springs out there.

or i could hit the bumpstops but it does not make any weird noises.

Accord Man 09-23-2002 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

can you hear the echo?!

:D :D ;)

Racing Rice 09-24-2002 09:29 AM

*cough*shouldagotkonis*cough*

Ive heard all kinds of stories about KYBs blowing. I think they work better for a stock replacement more then a performance shock.

Like they said, you had to be on bumpstops. Eibachs are really soft springs, I have a set, so thats definately not the problem.:no:

ebpda9 09-24-2002 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice
*cough*shouldagotkonis*cough*

Ive heard all kinds of stories about KYBs blowing. I think they work better for a stock replacement more then a performance shock.

Like they said, you had to be on bumpstops. Eibachs are really soft springs, I have a set, so thats definately not the problem.:no:

*cough**cough*money, money*cough**cough*

it started making a weird noise lately and i can't figure out if it is shit in my trunk or the shock. the car rides pretty nice after i got the strut bars out, and it has a problem only with the bigger bumps.

Racing Rice 09-24-2002 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hondaman-iac

and it has a problem only with the bigger bumps.

What kinda problem?

ebpda9 09-24-2002 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice

What kinda problem?

the car seems to jump in the air (front only). it's definatelly a bump stop problem. just need some time to cut them even more. i shouldn't have followed eibach's advice to cut them only 40 mm. i'll cut them another 20 mm.

Accord Man 09-24-2002 11:45 AM

KYB GR2 are crappy..

But I can assure you guys the AGX is a solid performer.

It kinda sounds like you had a defective shock.

Racing Rice 09-24-2002 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Accord Man
But I can assure you guys the AGX is a solid performer.

I dunno, I have heard of several peeps with AGXs blowing them too though.

Honda530 10-12-2002 04:47 PM

awww thats very depressing for me. Imm getting the KYB Gr2's. Well im not dropping the car 2" just abotu 1.5 all the way around maybe a liter lower in the front. Oh well.