HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Unplanned remod (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24748)

CD5Passion 06-13-2005 01:11 PM

Unplanned remod

well i was planning on fixing my suspension since i have some cheap ass shocks and coilovers..and hey they worked fine....
at least until i hit a pot hole today and felt a massive jolt and looked out to my passenger side of my hood to see a nice new mountain..well...something went sour for sure..and the strut tried to go through my fucking hood...so now not only do i need a new set up but now i need a new hood or just try to bang it out and repaint it...either way thats more money than I have...
i have no money..i owe my parents money..and i owe my friend money..i get paid wednesday...but now i have a fucked up suspension which I'm sure will make it's way through my hood...

so with that story said and done...what set up should i go with...and Stefan can you hook me up with a good deal?
I was thinking about Tokico Blues with..well..some springs.....I need to have a legal setup (22" from mid headlight) because I'm moving to california in the year....so I think soemthing with a drop of 1.75 front whatever rear (or do you think i can get away with a 2" drop and remain at legal height?)

but on ebay I've found KYB GR-2 gas shocks for about 180 shipped..I've heard they are pretty good shocks...but what are your opinions?

IALuder 06-13-2005 01:27 PM

ill see what what we got. but EBAY PRODUCTS SUCK! soory for you misfortion (sp?)

CD5Passion 06-13-2005 02:28 PM

um so i lifted her up and took a look..now it seems as though the shock itself is fine..but the problem rather lies in the hardware that holds it together...the bump stop that stops the shock from expanding and pulls it back together once the car rebounds isn't doing it's job..so it expands and as the weight comes back down ontot the car the shock remains expanded...wtf

CD5Passion 06-13-2005 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ack

ebpda9 06-13-2005 03:02 PM

ok, my guess is thatcan be fixed with a washer. i think that washer took a dump somehow.

part #13 and 14

thermal 06-13-2005 03:22 PM

Dang! That sux!

Take that strut apart and HOPEFULLY it's just that washer. Not trying to be negative but that washer is very solid. The only that washer would go is if it was heavily corroded which is very possible... goodluck man

Accord Man 06-13-2005 03:38 PM

hmm that looks odd. But I dont thing the shock is dead..

Also if you must replace, GR2 = pretty much oem. So not good with any drop at all.

CD5Passion 06-13-2005 05:16 PM

ok well a buddy of mine cali is piecing out his accord and is willing to sell me the TEIN SS everything for $700ish ship lightly used, low mileage on it, and he never bagged on it or put it through anything harsh (he is doing this cause his brother said he'd buy him some awesome set up for autox if he could sell the TEIN.
I think it's a pretty good deal
that or I can get a TEIN basic for 675 new
or Tokico Blue w/ neuspeed race for 400
what do you all think?

I'm leaning towards the SS even if it used, says theres nothing wrong with it, no corrosion, looks brand new runs likewise and he'll clean it up before he ships itand with 16 levels of stiffness..sounds like a good deal to me

Mischief 06-13-2005 11:44 PM

I'd go with the SS as well.

CD5Passion 06-14-2005 12:31 AM

alright well hopefully in a week I'll have the SS at my door and on my car ..god i can't wait to be able to say I have Tein SS..that's fucking balla yo lol

MissJDM 06-17-2005 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CD5Passion
alright well hopefully in a week I'll have the SS at my door and on my car ..god i can't wait to be able to say I have Tein SS..that's fucking balla yo lol

D2 coilovers > Tein

:yes:

CD5Passion 06-17-2005 11:20 AM

yeah no shit but I can't afford that you jerk...the guy i bought them from has some custom D2's on order. thats what he has replacing his TEIN he sold me

he was looking at getting ZEAL before that...i hate people with more money than me... haha:werd:

MissJDM 06-18-2005 11:10 PM

I was just asking because I have a friend who sells me D2 coilovers at reallly good prices. Just wanted to get your opinion on it..I just called him to see if he's got anything in store for a 96 accord sedan but he'd have to get back to the shop to check tomorrow. Hey, I was just curious in helpin ya out.

MissJDM 06-18-2005 11:12 PM

and hey, I'm not a jerk!

MissJDM 06-19-2005 11:15 PM

Hey Darin, I just talked to my friend..I can get you new d2's for a price right above the used Tein SS if you're interested. I'm about to order some for my little cousin so if you're interested, totally let me know so we can hook you up too!

36 way adjustable. :)