HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   coilovers (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17086)

djhunter11 08-08-2003 05:39 PM

coilovers

I just bought a set of ground control coilovers and I dont have the money to buy any good shocks right now but I still want to put my coilovers on. I was wondering, on average, how long I can drive with my stock shocks before I need new ones.

94_AcCoRd_EX 08-08-2003 06:49 PM

It will depend on how hard you drive with them. I've heard from 1 month to over a year, depending on the person and how low they go. Don't drop it very low and they'll last longer.

ebpda9 08-08-2003 11:15 PM

depends on the condition of your shocks. and what kind of ground controls did u get ? they make a few different ones for the accords. they make 3 types of them:
-for koni shocks
-for bilstein shocks
-for stock, sachs, boge, tokico, etc.

so depending on the part # you got you have to get those shocks.

TeriyakiBroccoli 08-09-2003 12:20 AM

i'm on a 1.8" drop on dropzone coilovers, and stock struts.. none of mine are blown yet. Its been over a year.

djhunter11 08-18-2003 02:39 PM

does anyone know where i can find the a list of what shocks go with the ground control coilovers i got?

MAXed Out 09-11-2003 08:01 PM

i rode on my stock ones for months now and nothing happened. but if i could go back i would borrow some money and buy shocks
it's not worth doing it twice

autocrossthugg 09-12-2003 11:50 AM

my stock shocks lasted only 2 months with the 2" drop i used with my gc's. they started leaking fluid. i'd wait until i had the shocks, if i had to do it over.

pdiggitydogg 09-12-2003 12:28 PM

doing suspension isnt exaclty fun (i know because ive done it many times). Just wait and do both shocks and springs/coils at the same time and save yourself the agony

MidgetAccord94 10-02-2003 11:21 PM

Hey.....i agree wit everyone here when they say just wait til u get the shocks too.....but umm i got a question that i should probably ask somewhere else......but maybe someone in here can help me out....i have a 94 Accord and i plan on getting Tein Basic Damper Coilovers....i want to drop it at least 2-2.5 inches with 18"s.....how can i make that possible without rubbing?....would it even work at all?

ebpda9 10-03-2003 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MidgetAccord94
Hey.....i agree wit everyone here when they say just wait til u get the shocks too.....but umm i got a question that i should probably ask somewhere else......but maybe someone in here can help me out....i have a 94 Accord and i plan on getting Tein Basic Damper Coilovers....i want to drop it at least 2-2.5 inches with 18"s.....how can i make that possible without rubbing?....would it even work at all?

well i have the ground control/koni yellow setup and i am lowered somewhere in the neighbourhood of 2.75"-3" and i am not rubbing at all with 17" 215/45 tires. i can get you the coilovers if you want me to but for the price of the basics i'd spend the $250 extra and get a set of ground tein ss's or the ground controls/koni yellows