HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   For The Geek In You (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Who has an iPod? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11070)

94_AcCoRd_EX 01-08-2003 10:24 PM

Who has an iPod?

Hey guys, I'm interested to see what you think of them. I know feanor has one, but does anyone else? They are very expensive for an MP3 player, but the price will come down sometime :paranoid:

Maxvla 01-08-2003 11:02 PM

i would love to have one as the sound quality is supposed to be pretty good for a portable.

however that pricetag is just astronomical as with all Mac products.

ebpda9 01-08-2003 11:02 PM

never heard of them. it must be an apple thing then

Maxvla 01-08-2003 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hondaman-iac
never heard of them. it must be an apple thing then

you live under a rock? :loco:

ebpda9 01-08-2003 11:04 PM

no, i just don't care about any apple products.

94_AcCoRd_EX 01-08-2003 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Maxvla
you live under a rock? :loco:

Lol. Yeah stefan, its an apple :eek:

Chris, do you think the prices will come down anytime soon? These things are pretty hot right now, so I have my doubts.

Racing Rice 01-09-2003 06:58 AM

I like the Ipod, I just dont think I could spend that much money on it. Have you looked into the Nomad Jukebox. Its considerably cheaper, I dont know about the quality compared to the Ipod though. You can get a 40GB Nomad for the same price as the 10GB Ipod.

BTW... Feanor has an Ipod I believe. If the moderator of the computer Forum ever shows up.. hehe *just playin*

94_AcCoRd_EX 01-09-2003 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice
I like the Ipod, I just dont think I could spend that much money on it. Have you looked into the Nomad Jukebox. Its considerably cheaper, I dont know about the quality compared to the Ipod though. You can get a 40GB Nomad for the same price as the 10GB Ipod.

BTW... Feanor has an Ipod I believe. If the moderator of the computer Forum ever shows up.. hehe *just playin*

Yeah, I know feanor mentioned that he liked his, but I was wondering if anyone else had one.... guess not :D

I'll look at the Nomad Jukebox then. I really don't think I need anything more than 10-20GB. I have more MP3s than that, but I wouldn't put them all on.

Maxvla 01-09-2003 08:07 PM

no way ipods are going to get cheaper anytime soon.

apple is selling them by the truckloads... just about their only product that is selling well. no way they'd cut profits if they are selling like hotcakes already.

definately check the nomads. better price decent quality.

both will eat through a 12pack of AA's before you can say Macintosh. :loco:

Maxvla 01-09-2003 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hondaman-iac
no, i just don't care about any apple products.

you should have heard about an Ipod even if you completely avoid everything apple related.

Racing Rice 01-10-2003 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Maxvla
you should have heard about an Ipod even if you completely avoid everything apple related.

Yes, since they have one thats compatable for Windows..;)

feanor 01-10-2003 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Yeah, I know feanor mentioned that he liked his, but I was wondering if anyone else had one.... guess not :D

I'll look at the Nomad Jukebox then. I really don't think I need anything more than 10-20GB. I have more MP3s than that, but I wouldn't put them all on.

Yes, I have one. They rock.

I have the 20GB Windows Version.. I may reformat it into the mac version since I have the G4 now, but haven't decided....

P.S. Moderate this ;)

94_AcCoRd_EX 01-10-2003 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by feanor
Yes, I have one. They rock.

Do you think they are worth the extra money over, say a Nomad? What makes them stand out?

I'm really looking into this because I spend lots of time at the library studying and don't want to carry my CD player and CDs.

feanor 01-10-2003 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Do you think they are worth the extra money over, say a Nomad? What makes them stand out?

I'm really looking into this because I spend lots of time at the library studying and don't want to carry my CD player and CDs.

Heck, I dunno.. I went with the sex appeal ;-)

Nothing else really factored in.. the iPod had a good rep and I liked the design...

Bryan

HondaTypeJ 01-17-2003 12:25 PM

I have one and I LOVE IT. It's the coolest thing. I have the 10gb one and have like 75 percent left to fill. It turns heads when I bust it out. I get complete strangers come up to me and ask me what that is, or sometimes if I would sell it to them. One guy offered me 50!! LoL. I laughed in his face. I run OS X and the compatability is excellent. I have heard some rumors that Windows compat. is kind of sketchy though...not sure about that.

HondaTypeJ 01-17-2003 12:28 PM

Ohh ya! And if you go to apple.com, they have the snowboarding jacket that is specifically designed for the iPod. It has waterproof controls on the outside sleeve and this thermal compartment for the iPod. its pretty cool.