HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   92-00 civic TURBO! (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71)

thermal 09-01-2001 02:33 AM

92-00 civic TURBO!

hey, if anybody is interested on going turbo (GReddy kit) on their 92-00 civic, hit me up. i wrote some instructions for it. don't get it installed which will cost u about $500-700. it's really simple. Mr.CLowNy, turboed97ex, and myself can guide u to it. save that extra cash for something else......peace

2000Pimpinex 09-03-2001 04:26 PM

Thermal-thanks for the heads up. It is a waste of money when you can do it yourself. WHen I get my kit, I'll hit you up.

thermal 09-03-2001 06:46 PM

not a problem man......i'm also thinkin about making "sticky" for it under the step by step forum........

MrCLoWnY 09-03-2001 10:02 PM

yeah its hella easy to put it on. ITs just a bItch cuz it takes a long time. ANYONe can do it.

2000Pimpinex 09-04-2001 07:04 PM

I think you should sticky it. Its a damn good idea.

thermal 09-05-2001 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2000Pimpinex
I think you should sticky it. Its a damn good idea.
done....here's the link:
http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=105

dont forget to go on the second page also.......:)

2000Pimpinex 09-06-2001 08:58 AM

That link will come in handy for alot of people. Thanks

thermal 09-06-2001 01:25 PM

no problem man....i must have sent this instruction out about 50 times already throughout the web.......i finally can just link it....:)

VN-Tec 09-06-2001 02:41 PM

Hey wat do u do when u get to the welding part?

MrCLoWnY 09-06-2001 06:08 PM

Take it to the muffler shop.

Racing Rice 09-10-2001 09:38 AM

I will for sure call on the turbo gods of Honda Style when I finally get to do mine..

Im going to go with the Greddy kit when I do it.

How safe will I be if I run the Turbo kit without an intercooler at the stock Greddy boost with good fuel, spark, and tuning?

thermal 09-10-2001 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice
I will for sure call on the turbo gods of Honda Style when I finally get to do mine..

Im going to go with the Greddy kit when I do it.

How safe will I be if I run the Turbo kit without an intercooler at the stock Greddy boost with good fuel, spark, and tuning?

safely without I/C is probably gonna be the stock setting by GReddy which is 5.5 psi. CLowNy is running higher than 5.5 boost without I/C........he's a crazy man tho:D

Racing Rice 09-10-2001 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thermalfi'd16

safely without I/C is probably gonna be the stock setting by GReddy which is 5.5 psi. CLowNy is running higher than 5.5 boost without I/C........he's a crazy man tho:D

Ill agree.. he is crazy..:D

Well Im trying to put together a kit that I can afford and build onto it over time. So Ill probably do that first then get some money get an IC and turn up the boost. Thanks.

thermal 09-10-2001 05:07 PM

get a used starion I/C from a junkyard. it's a perfect size for a civic. it'll cost u about $50-120......just get the pipng from the muffler shop.

Racing Rice 09-10-2001 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
get a used starion I/C from a junkyard. it's a perfect size for a civic. it'll cost u about $50-120......just get the pipng from the muffler shop.

Ill look around to see if I can find one anywhere. I know a couple of guys that have eclipses/talons that said theyd sell me their stock ones cheap.. I may do that too.

Racing Rice 09-10-2001 05:19 PM

Double checking.. Are starion intercoolers and Conquest Intercoolders the same thing? I know the cars look the same so I wouldnt know why they wouldnt be.

MrCLoWnY 09-10-2001 07:00 PM

yeah i think they are the same thing. Ones a dodge and the other is a mitsu or somethin like that.

Racing Rice 09-10-2001 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrCLoWnY
yeah i think they are the same thing. Ones a dodge and the other is a mitsu or somethin like that.

I think they are tied into each other in some way. Mitsu make motors for some dodge. Thats why there are DSM parts on neons and stuff like that.

MrCLoWnY 09-10-2001 07:40 PM

Quote:

I think they are tied into each other in some way. Mitsu make motors for some dodge. Thats why there are DSM parts on neons and stuff like that.

Yeah like a tahoe and a yukon.

Racing Rice 09-11-2001 07:35 AM

Quote:

Yeah like a tahoe and a yukon.

Exactly...
Does anyone know where there are pictures of a startion intercooler in a civic?

thermal 09-12-2001 05:27 PM

Quote:

Ill look around to see if I can find one anywhere. I know a couple of guys that have eclipses/talons that said theyd sell me their stock ones cheap.. I may do that too.

have u seen those stock I/C's? it is side mounted. u cant really see it. a lot of those mitsu owners are getting rid of it cuz it's small and side mounted. so check it out man, before u make a bad purchase.........i'm just a big fan of FMIC.

MrCLoWnY 09-12-2001 05:42 PM

i agree with THermal. however i did hear that the eclipse intercooler will work fine for the greddy kit. U JUSt cant see the darn thing. I guess for sleepers.

Racing Rice 09-13-2001 10:30 AM

Quote:

i agree with THermal. however i did hear that the eclipse intercooler will work fine for the greddy kit. U JUSt cant see the darn thing. I guess for sleepers.

I agree with both of you.. The FMIC rocks, but Im thinking sleeper.. something you cant tell just by looking at it. If I had a choice between the starion IC(cheapest Ive found so far is $150)and an eclipse IC for the same amount of $$$, Id go with the Starion all the way.. But I wont be running much over 8lbs probably anyway(at least for a while.) If I can get the eclipse IC for alot cheaper then I think Id got sleeper.(At least until I do internals and run like 10+ lbs of boost.)

Ex-Tdo4 09-16-2001 08:38 PM

wanna see starion intercooler on Civic???

this is my civic ex-t

here's the link

www.geocities.com/turbo5817

Racing Rice 09-17-2001 08:14 AM

Re: wanna see starion intercooler on Civic???

Quote:

Originally posted by Ex-Tdo4
this is my civic ex-t

here's the link

www.geocities.com/turbo5817

Nice car man.. The intercooler looks nice!! Its the perfect size..

Ex-Tdo4 09-17-2001 06:06 PM

RacingRice

thanks man, any comments are greatly appreciated by ME! :D

MrCLoWnY 09-18-2001 01:08 AM

Hey i think I raced you before and i remember spankin you. HEHEHE j/K sup dawg.

thermal 09-18-2001 11:44 AM

nice yangsta!

Ex-Tdo4 09-20-2001 11:17 PM

thanks again guys

well, i've been mad buzy lately so i haven't really found the time to get on here, but i get on as much as i can, but thanks again for all of your comments, i like , i like , ilike..!!! woohooo!!! well, an update on my car: fu*king autometer boost gauge was off!! it the needle was sitting at 3 psi. b4 i even installed it, but i didn't even look to notice, so after installing it, which i thought i did a pretty damn good job of, my VAC read 14 in idle, and thats not right, it should be at around 20, and when i boost it'll go all the way the fak up to 9 lbs! so i knew that wasn't correct, because i have an intercooler so that should bring me down to maybe 4 1/2 or 5 lbs of boost, but since i got no catalytic and bigger pipping then that should bring boost up a lil, but 9 lbs!?? hell nah, well, i called autometer and they said to send it back to them and they shall send me a new boost gauge that SHOULD read at 0 psi. outta the box. ok im done bitching about autometer now, sorry this turned out to be so long, but we're family here, so i would just like to share a lil sum'n sum'n about what i've been doing here in Houston. later guys, SOHC TURBO is da shiet, unless you race someone with DOHC TURBO!! uhohhhhhhhhhz.. haha.. latez

2000_Honda_Si 09-23-2001 10:14 PM

It's easy if you have the correct tools! :D I myself didn't and paid only $300 to have it done. Kept the grease off and got it done proffesionally. :D