HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Eibach Prokit w/ Koni Yellows (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319)

2000Pimpinex 09-13-2001 10:07 PM

Eibach Prokit w/ Koni Yellows

The prokit only lowers the car about 1.3 to 1.5 inches. Will the addition of the Yellow lower it about another inch. Does anyone currently have this setup?

azn_nite_ryder 09-14-2001 12:27 AM

i dont think the yellows will allow you to drop much more if any at all.... were the yellows adjustable??? im not sure about the yellows but i know the tokiko blues will make you settle about half an inch....
I have GAB on mine... and they can be adjusted 8 ways... but the problem is that mine cant be lowered with the struts cuz i have weapon r coilovers.... but the setup is sweeeeet i love riding like rails:D

Racing Rice 09-14-2001 07:22 AM

Re: Eibach Prokit w/ Koni Yellows

Quote:

Originally posted by 2000Pimpinex
The prokit only lowers the car about 1.3 to 1.5 inches. Will the addition of the Yellow lower it about another inch. Does anyone currently have this setup?

The Konis will allow you to move the spring purch up and down. The front has one setting and the back has two. I dont remember how far down the gap is (Im thinking the front was like 1.5 inches and the back is 1 inch and 2 inches).. I personally wouldnt do it. If you want to be that low get some sort of coilovers.

Real coilovers will give you tons of a better ride (still maybe a little to stiff it just depends on the person) because the spring and shocks are made to go together, but they are pricey, but IMO worth every penny.

Coilover kits such as Ground Control and skunk, etc.. Will allow you to raise the car up and down as you need, but the ride may not be as good as you want it because the spring may not work well with the shock. They maybe a little to bouncey or stiff, etc.

True Coilovers: are the best way to go.
Spring and shocks will probably give you a great ride but may not put you were you want to be.
Coilover kits are good because they can adjust hieght but will probably not give you the best ride.

2000Pimpinex 09-14-2001 07:22 AM

The yellows are adjustable. I heard you settle about an inch with em.

Racing Rice 09-14-2001 09:15 AM

Good timing.. I think we posted at the same time.

2000Pimpinex 09-14-2001 11:50 AM

Yeah, we did. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Racing Rice 09-14-2001 11:55 AM

any time

Addict 09-16-2001 12:06 AM

Actually if you want very little finger gap without scraping the ground, check out the Sportlines. They look great and ride nicely. It wouldn't seem like there would be a difference between 1.5" & 1.8", but you will notice it.

Just my $.02...............

Dezoris 09-16-2001 06:35 PM

The perch on the Koni Yellows only adjust the height a few milimeters. The Konis are very stiff, the prokit is not that agressive, would be a good balance.

Racing Rice 09-17-2001 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dezoris
The perch on the Koni Yellows only adjust the height a few milimeters. The Konis are very stiff, the prokit is not that agressive, would be a good balance.

Milimeters?? Are you sure??

Tell you what.. After I get off work Ill look at them again.. I pretty sure its more then a few milimeters..

Dezoris 09-17-2001 08:17 AM

The Absorber Adjustable spring perch can lower car approx 15mm rear, 25 in the front :)
More than a few ;)

Racing Rice 09-17-2001 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dezoris
The Absorber Adjustable spring perch can lower car approx 15mm rear, 25 in the front :)
More than a few ;)

*L* ok.. that sounds a little better..

Phatblackcivic 09-24-2001 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Civic_Addict
Actually if you want very little finger gap without scraping the ground, check out the Sportlines. They look great and ride nicely. It wouldn't seem like there would be a difference between 1.5" & 1.8", but you will notice it.

Just my $.02...............

But you will have to make the same decision I did. I went with the Eibach Pro kit and Paid $450. If I would have done the sportlines, I would have had to do the caster/camber kit and I would have paid an extra $400 so to me the extra .3 inch wasn't worth $400 for such a little difference. So think about it and weigh all your options. ;)

Racing Rice 09-24-2001 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phatblackcivic

But you will have to make the same decision I did. I went with the Eibach Pro kit and Paid $450. If I would have done the sportlines, I would have had to do the caster/camber kit and I would have paid an extra $400 so to me the extra .3 inch wasn't worth $400 for such a little difference. So think about it and weigh all your options. ;)

You paid 450 dollars for the Pro kit??? Please tell me your in Canada!!! I paid $250 for mine almost 3 years ago.. You got ripped off man..

2000Pimpinex 09-24-2001 07:25 AM

Maybe the $450 was the price including installation. A little steep if you ask me. For that price, I will install them myself.

Racing Rice 09-24-2001 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2000Pimpinex
Maybe the $450 was the price including installation. A little steep if you ask me. For that price, I will install them myself.

I hope so.. thats still steep...

Racing Rice 09-24-2001 09:15 AM

Hey Pimpen.. I was trying to put my Prokit back in this weekend to see if it makes any difference in my ride(for the better I hope.) I can send you pics if I get them switched so you can see how it sets.. The bolts were rusted up and I broke one of the bolts so I had to take it to the shop to get them drilled out. I may try again when I get my car back (hopefully tonight)

2000Pimpinex 09-24-2001 01:59 PM

Yeah, definately put some pics up. Right now totally stock as far as suspension goes w/ stock wheels, I don't have much of a gap. The system really weighs down the back.

97CivicFerio 09-24-2001 03:34 PM

RE: Phatblackcivic

I agree with Phatblackcivic on the difference between having to get a camber kit for not even .5" more drop. That is the reason why I went with Integra Pro-Kit. I wanted the stiffness of a race spring on my Civic but just the Pro-Kit drop that does not need a camber kit. I think with the Koni Yellows this setup works beautifully for me in my auto-x and is not too harsh for daily driving. :)

Phatblackcivic 09-24-2001 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice

You paid 450 dollars for the Pro kit??? Please tell me your in Canada!!! I paid $250 for mine almost 3 years ago.. You got ripped off man..

Oh Dude, that was installed and having the car re-aligned. The kit itself was only $230: eek:

Racing Rice 09-25-2001 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phatblackcivic

Oh Dude, that was installed and having the car re-aligned. The kit itself was only $230: eek:

Ok.. thats not so bad then... :D

Racing Rice 09-26-2001 07:51 AM

Now I rub again!!

Well I got my Prokit back on last night... now its rubbing in the front under heavy cornering.. This is going to make me mad...!!!

It rides a million times better then the Skunk coilovers did, but they didnt rub and its sits a nice stance, Ill try to take some pics tonight when I get home from work... I dont know which is worse rubbing or a rough ride!:(

2000Pimpinex 10-13-2001 08:48 PM

I've heard that the skunks were way to bouncy. To bad about your rubbing problems though. Good luck

Racing Rice 10-15-2001 09:34 AM

Man the skunks sucked for the bounceyness.. I didnt enjoy that at all.. The Eibachs ride a million times better..

DemonicAccord 11-10-2001 02:37 PM

I haven't heard a good thing about Skunks, ever. Too short IMO.

you kids may enjoy this....

yes, Koni now offers true C/Os just like Tokico started to recently.

this ones for the civic and runs about $900 MSRP

springs are from Eibach

jus thought i'd share

slowEJ6 11-11-2001 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DemonicAccord

GBC had those goin for $800 a couple weeks ago, so i guess theyd compare to that of the APEXi World Sports.....not sure which is better though since i dont have any experience with the koni coilovers. but with eibach springs and koni shocks, you prolly cant go wrong ;)