HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   In need of translation; hippie speak to english (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22880)

Wren57 10-07-2004 01:20 AM

In need of translation; hippie speak to english

and i build each one of my songs out of glass so you could see me inside them, i suppose; or you could just leave the image of me in the background i guess and watch your own reflection superimposed

any ideas?

CD5Passion 10-07-2004 02:45 AM

??....wait what am I translating?

GT40FIED 10-07-2004 06:09 AM

I have an idea. Hippies are not people. Do not take anything they say or do seriously. They are lower forms of life and should by extention be exterminated from this planet. They're worthless wastes of space who like to use nonsensical garbage like that to make themselves feel smart. Hippies can suck me off.

juvenile 10-07-2004 07:51 AM

What she means

Is that you could look at the song two ways. One is to think of her when you're listening to the song, or if you aren't interested in her, you put her in the background and see yourself in those songs.

My guess...

mylittlecivic 10-07-2004 11:41 PM

i think theyre saying that they could write their songs about themselves so you could see who they are, or you could take your own meaning of the song in terms of your life? ahh hell if i know

RxGoaT13 10-08-2004 12:42 AM

^ i think your both right.

GT40FIED 10-08-2004 01:41 AM

I don't think it actually has anything to do with a song. I think it's just a way of questioning who you care more about...this person or yourself. Hippies suck.

MissJDM 10-09-2004 12:10 AM

Re: In need of translation; hippie speak to english

Quote:

Originally posted by highlander
and i build each one of my songs out of glass so you could see me inside them, i suppose; or you could just leave the image of me in the background i guess and watch your own reflection superimposed

any ideas?

She writes her songs so that you can see/understand her heart within the lyrics, If not, you can turn your back and have her image behind you and look foward as your shadows lay over her image. That's what I think. :)

Wren57 10-10-2004 12:40 PM

Good thoughts people... makes sense now that I think about it (I never did do well in reading comp). I got another one for ya;

acceptance and resignation hold hands
while denial flirts with desperation
it's kind of comforting to know
exactly where i stand
when i close my eyes
slipping away deliberatly
smiling cause its so unexpected

IALuder 10-10-2004 05:33 PM

lol steve. we get it hippies suck. now what does it mean?

i think, which is hard to believe, it means something different to each person.

GT40FIED 10-10-2004 06:44 PM

Dude...Wren...whoever wrote this is first off a shitty poet/songwriter. Seriously...that's just really lame. Secondly she (I'm assuming it's a she) seems to be very insecure. Both of those things you posted seem like they're searching for some validation. Run away my friend. Run far, far away. Hippies fucking suck.

Duckydos 10-11-2004 09:21 PM

I would like to see Pbateson translate this one. Seriously dude, give it a try!

Kyle 10-11-2004 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Duckydos
I would like to see Pbateson translate this one. Seriously dude, give it a try!

lol...thats just wrong man...we love ya paul!

Wren57 10-26-2004 01:04 PM

round 3 perhaps? ;)

and i can see you watching me
as if there's a pane of glass between us
or maybe its just an image of
what we've defined reality to be
or maybe you are a shadow of what i like to dream
when i'm asleep
and someday i'll tell you this
sometime when i'm not so weak

GT40FIED 10-26-2004 07:51 PM

How about, instead of overthinking the illogical (i.e. hippiespeak), you beat this girl about the head and face for being such a dumbass? Seriously man...anybody who writes dribble like that isn't worth the time of examination. Fuck hippies (again).