HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hybrid (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   7th Gen Civic Si -> RSX Type-S Swap (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4784)

PabloHoney 05-03-2002 08:26 PM

7th Gen Civic Si -> RSX Type-S Swap

Check this out: First swap I have heard of:

http://www.hybrid-k.com/tech/7gtech/7g-swap.htm

Accord Man 05-03-2002 08:36 PM

wow, you even have all the directions..

Cool !

slowEJ6 05-04-2002 05:45 PM

thats old news. that swap is the pretty worthless imo.
buying a top of the line civic and spending all that money, then swapping a brand new engine.........hmm, get a coupe/sedan, at least they look better. :cool:

2ndGenTeg 05-04-2002 06:10 PM

Now who's gonna be the first to make a CR-iVTEC?

K24A1 CR-V bottom end with a K20A3 RSX Type S head. The problem is that the K24A1 has a massive stroke- 99mm. In order to get that engine spinning at 7000 RPM, you'd already be at some crazy piston speeds- much less the 7900 RPM of the Type S redline.

I have yet to see what the rod length on a K24A1 is, but I'm willing to bet it's less than 155mm, in my book making it a bad rod ratio.

Bad rod ratio + high piston speeds = blown engine. The bolting up wouldn't be that difficult, but making it work reliably would be. I'm sure someone will try it. We'll hust have to wait and see what happens.

OneDopeTeg 05-04-2002 11:58 PM

haha this was one of my first posts here....except for the price of the swap right now--you could prolly just buy all the type-s/type-r parts and put them into that civic si ;) and save a grip of cash!

slowEJ6 05-05-2002 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
Now who's gonna be the first to make a CR-iVTEC?

K24A1 CR-V bottom end with a K20A3 RSX Type S head. The problem is that the K24A1 has a massive stroke- 99mm. In order to get that engine spinning at 7000 RPM, you'd already be at some crazy piston speeds- much less the 7900 RPM of the Type S redline.

I have yet to see what the rod length on a K24A1 is, but I'm willing to bet it's less than 155mm, in my book making it a bad rod ratio.

Bad rod ratio + high piston speeds = blown engine. The bolting up wouldn't be that difficult, but making it work reliably would be. I'm sure someone will try it. We'll hust have to wait and see what happens.

i read on another msg board, someone already did this swap.

BLu3xCiViC 05-05-2002 07:14 PM

well i find that swap pointless because of the money it'll cost to get a type s motor.....just throw in a custom turbo for less money and ur good to go...thatz my opinion

2ndGenTeg 05-06-2002 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx

i read on another msg board, someone already did this swap.

Hook me the link!

BTW: K20A2= Type S. Sorry for any confusion.

AzCivic 05-06-2002 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BLu3xCiViC
well i find that swap pointless because of the money it'll cost to get a type s motor.....just throw in a custom turbo for less money and ur good to go...thatz my opinion

I think they did this just to see if they could actually pull it off. Obviously they weren't trying to save money...I wonder if i can fit an NSX engine in my civic.

BLu3xCiViC 05-06-2002 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AzCivic

I think they did this just to see if they could actually pull it off. Obviously they weren't trying to save money...I wonder if i can fit an NSX engine in my civic.

i would like to see an nsx swap in a civic......well maybe if they were seeing if they could pull off a type s swap into a hatch si but they already knew that they could pull it off cuz the engine is almost identicle their both k20 (correct me if i'm wrong) their are the same sized and have the same chasis but the si has less horses and one less gear.......they should have tried to pull off the type s swap into a coupe or sedan with a non i-vtec motor....well maybe they have?.....just my thought