HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   toe-in/camper (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15079)

A_D 05-05-2003 09:59 AM

toe-in/camper

i just recently bought a 97 accord SE, and i want to lower it, most likely using adjustable coil overs. Do you think i should just get the adjustable springs or should i get the whole true coilover set?
I'm pretty new to this, so what price range am i looking at that is reasonable?
And for my real question, i know that if you don't adjust your toe-in and camper, you're gonna eat up tires pretty quick. but i'm not exactly sure where these parts are and how to adjust them. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Racing Rice 05-05-2003 10:27 AM

toe-in/camber (I was camping this weekend..;))

Just messing with you..

Anyway.. You should look into kits like Koni coilovers. They are true coilovers that dont cost an arm and a leg. They should give you a quality ride without killing the check book. How much are you looking to spend on suspension? What are your goals (everyday driving, auto-x, show... )

A_D 05-05-2003 10:32 AM

hahaha i can't beleive i spelled all of those with a p
oh well fuggit.

my car is gonna be an everyday driver but eventually i think i might do some more mods on it and make it show worthy. right now i want to replace the suspension and lower it for sure. just looks so much damn better. i wanna get the adjustable ones because the roads here are pretty sketchy in parts, but if i feel like mobbin, i can just go under it and lower it. ya know?

Racing Rice 05-05-2003 10:39 AM

I understand..

The thing about sleeves are sometimes you have problems with spring rates and dampening not working together to well. Which usually result in poor ride quality. A decent "true" coil over kit will usually take care of the spring rates/dampening problems, but a lot of the time the ride will still be rather stiff (since most are made for racing.) You can get different springs rates on "sleeves" but you really have to know what you doing when ordering specific spring rates. You really have to know about your valving of your shocks.

Id look into Ground Control and koni yellows, or the Koni coilovers. Both will probably run you in the $700-1000 ballpark.

ebpda9 05-05-2003 03:13 PM

yeah the konis for the accord and the ground controls are around 910. i can get you some. let me know. and the koni coilovers are 960.

A_D 05-05-2003 05:44 PM

ok
so if i buy those koni coilovers i wont have to worry about the toe-in and camber problem?
damn.... a grand is a little bit of money when i just bought the car. so i won't be doin this for a while. i'm kinda strapped. but i'll get in touch when i plan to lower it. and i'll be doing more reasearch and shit over that time period too so i'll know more stuff then.
thanks guys.

ebpda9 05-05-2003 06:36 PM

well the toe is adjustable on your car(front and rear) the camber is a bit of a problem, but it can be fixed for areound $150 for the front and 65 cents for the rear ;) i know how to do it cause i did it on mine.

A_D 05-05-2003 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hondaman-iac
well the toe is adjustable on your car(front and rear) the camber is a bit of a problem, but it can be fixed for areound $150 for the front and 65 cents for the rear ;) i know how to do it cause i did it on mine.

LOL 150 bucks in the front, .65 in the rear? englighten me

ebpda9 05-05-2003 07:14 PM

the rear can be done with washers and longer screws from home depot. the front needs some anchor bolts

TeriyakiBroccoli 05-05-2003 09:31 PM

to be honest, i've been too lazy to raise and lower my car depending on road conditions....

the rear camber trick can be done on accords too? damn.. had no idea.

Racing Rice 05-06-2003 07:18 AM

Yeah, Im not sure about the rear camber thing.. But cambers kits will help. Chances are you may not need them unless you just slam it, but whats the fun of having coilovers. ;)

As for raising and lowering the car, it take a whole 30 mins to do. Its very simple, the hardest part is making sure you have them all the same height.. ;)

ebpda9 05-06-2003 07:21 PM

what happened to the good ole tape measure ? that's how i did mine and it stays leveled.

Racing Rice 05-07-2003 07:35 AM

Thats how I use to do mine too, but like I said.. thats the hardest part. I didnt say how hard it actually was..;)