HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Prelude VS Mazdaspeed (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21778)

IALuder 06-21-2004 03:00 AM

Prelude VS Mazdaspeed

well guys mazdas proteges have no such speed about them. turbo or not.

i raced my friend Chrises 04 Mazdaspeed Protege twice. first time i had him off the line and smoke him by 4 cars. second time, he took me off the line as i spunn out. he had at least 2 cars. i cuaght him in second and past him while shifting to third. beat him by 3-4 cars agian. he claims is clutch is shitty. but i had a friend who dorve it before the races and he siad it was fine.

my record stands at 6-1. and for all you people who agianst "street races". we did this at a track.:yes:

GT40FIED 06-21-2004 05:27 AM

Re: Prelude VS Mazdaspeed

Quote:

Originally posted by SFKing
he claims is clutch is shitty.

A better excuse would've been that his Mazda is shitty. Seriously...that company hasn't put out anything worth mentioning since the RX-7. Oh...and I forgot the RX-8 that had to be voluntarily recalled because the motors didn't put out nearly their advertised power. All of their newer stuff is either crap or has been based on Ford products like the mazda 3 (Focus) or the Miata (Mercury Capri). Fuck Mazda. Zoom zoom this ya homos.:flick:

IALuder 06-21-2004 10:57 AM

nice...its so true. but still like the RX-8s.

ChrisCantSkate 06-21-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

we did this at a track.:yes:

wha'd you run?

IALuder 06-21-2004 11:18 AM

14.7 with intake and cat-back.

Honda_Killa 06-22-2004 09:22 PM

FORD= F*cked Over Rebuilt Dodge

GT40FIED 06-22-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Honda_Killa
FORD= F*cked Over Rebuilt Dodge

:rolleyes: Not sure where that came from...other than the part of your brain that controls douche bagness. But I have a solution...let's bench race...my car against yours. Who's gonna win?

Rob 06-22-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GT40FIED
...other than the part of your brain that controls douche bagness.

once again....a classic 'quotable' from Steve...nice :D

IALuder 06-23-2004 06:13 AM

lol nice.

black95gs-t 06-23-2004 04:00 PM

Re: Re: Prelude VS Mazdaspeed

Quote:

A better excuse would've been that his Mazda is shitty. Seriously...that company hasn't put out anything worth mentioning since the RX-7. Oh...and I forgot the RX-8 that had to be voluntarily recalled because the motors didn't put out nearly their advertised power. All of their newer stuff is either crap or has been based on Ford products like the mazda 3 (Focus) or the Miata (Mercury Capri). Fuck Mazda. Zoom zoom this ya homos.:flick:

You forgot the B series pickups, and the thing that looks like an explorer.
J

JDMFantasy2k 06-25-2004 08:42 PM

Fuck Our Ride Died, hmm wish i could run 14's :rolleyes: that'll be my goal once i turbo.

IALuder 06-25-2004 08:55 PM

when i turbo im hoping for high 12s.

GT40FIED 06-25-2004 10:24 PM

With my new turbo I'm hoping for more 9s...just a thought.

IALuder 06-26-2004 07:37 AM

you also got more mods then i do.

CD5Passion 06-26-2004 11:53 AM

^and it's a stang...

GT40FIED 06-26-2004 09:26 PM

Quote:

you also got more mods then i do.

Yes...and twice as many cylinders.

VR4_Craver 06-26-2004 10:36 PM

Quote:

Yes...and twice as many cylinders.

ooh..ohh...and like 3 times the hp and tq;)

IALuder 06-27-2004 02:16 AM

yea no shit. theres no point in trying to compare my prelude to your stang. Hell its making me mad from all the jealousy. :mad: :| :mad:

GT40FIED 06-27-2004 03:12 AM

Honestly man...it's all preference. I respect an H22-sportin Prelude just as much as I do a Fox bodied Mustang...just in different ways. Sure, the Mustang is a better bang for the buck ride as far as power, but the Preludes have stuff going for them that Mustangs don't. It's just that I happened to dump the better part of $10K into mine over the years. You'd be suprised what $10K will get you as far as power and handling.

IALuder 06-27-2004 03:23 AM

i just wish i had 10K to spend on it. but i still owe 5.7K for it.:o

RxGoaT13 06-27-2004 03:36 AM

hey gt40fied,
got any picks of your stang?

GT40FIED 06-27-2004 04:00 AM

Yeah...there are some around the site, I believe. If not, I can always post more. Problem is I haven't taken any pics of it in a few years and even those were exterior shots. All the motor pics I have were taken just after I made my first mods...a carb, exhaust, cam, etc. But there should be some pics around here somewhere.

biker's back 07-06-2004 11:17 AM

Quote:

:rolleyes: Not sure where that came from...other than the part of your brain that controls douche bagness. But I have a solution...let's bench race...my car against yours. Who's gonna win?

mazda=ford

:rolleyes:

Matrix 07-15-2004 12:35 AM

Quote:

well guys mazdas proteges have no such speed about them. turbo or not.

i raced my friend Chrises 04 Mazdaspeed Protege twice. first time i had him off the line and smoke him by 4 cars. second time, he took me off the line as i spunn out. he had at least 2 cars. i cuaght him in second and past him while shifting to third. beat him by 3-4 cars agian. he claims is clutch is shitty. but i had a friend who dorve it before the races and he siad it was fine.

my record stands at 6-1. and for all you people who agianst "street races". we did this at a track.:yes:

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I've got a few issues with your post, and not just because I own a MazdaSpeed Protege.

First off, on a purely technical issue, there is no such thing as a 2004 MazdaSpeed Protege. Uh-oh.

Secondly, I seriously wonder if your friend knows how to drive the car. I have beaten several H22a Preludes, although they were admittedly close races (within 2 car lengths). You know, it's pretty easy to dismiss a particular car model as slow just because you beat one. I've beaten ludes and I don't consider them slow cars at all. And my MS Protege is bone stock.

Thirdly, did your friend have any mods at all? Also, did he get the computer "re-flashed" from the dealership? There was a technical service bulletin because of a glitch in the management program that made these cars run extremely rich from the factory, resulting in hesitation and very rough acceleration.

Well, keep it safe and good luck in your future races. :cool:

IALuder 07-15-2004 06:24 AM

actually the mazdaspeed proteges were built up till march 04. hint your vechile tag under your user name even says 2003.5. so doesnt mean yours made in 04?

he bought his brand spanken new 3 months ago. its got 6k on it and its not bone stock. hes got upgraded Exhuast with striaght pipe and header.

when you say you beat h22a preludes do you mean Usdm or JDM? becuase i got the JDM H22a.

i never ment to offend people with the opening line. my friend and the people he brought with him were talking his car up so much. like nothing could beat it. i guess i was still alittle cocky about beating him when i wrote this. im pretty sure that those cars are quick.

Matrix 07-15-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

actually the mazdaspeed proteges were built up till march 04. hint your vechile tag under your user name even says 2003.5. so doesnt mean yours made in 04?

he bought his brand spanken new 3 months ago. its got 6k on it and its not bone stock. hes got upgraded Exhuast with striaght pipe and header.

when you say you beat h22a preludes do you mean Usdm or JDM? becuase i got the JDM H22a.

i never ment to offend people with the opening line. my friend and the people he brought with him were talking his car up so much. like nothing could beat it. i guess i was still alittle cocky about beating him when i wrote this. im pretty sure that those cars are quick.

Hey, no offense taken. It's all good. What's the output difference on the JDM h22a's? I must have missed that part, lol. :o

Actually it was not made until March 2004.
It was released initially as a limited production vehicle in late 2002 as a 2003 model car. They were sold out so quickly, Mazda released another wave in June 2003. Since Mazda had used up the number of vehicles it had registered as 2003 models, they released the new wave as a 2003.5 model with minor aesthetic changes.

Hey, no prob with being cocky, it's fun after winning a race. But it may be a bit early for blanket statements after beating only one. ;)

IALuder 07-15-2004 09:15 PM

true i shall try to race somebody else in the same car.

the power difference is 195=us and 200=JDM. but the jdm motor is built up more with better compression ratio and different intake manifold(less restriction). its has more torque basically.