HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   To anyone who likes spicy foods... (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27314)

GT40FIED 04-30-2007 06:13 PM

To anyone who likes spicy foods...

What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm not talking about food that has a little kick to it or even some of the milder Asian food that you usually only get in Asia (or any Thai resteraunt), I'm talking about ridiculously dear-lord-I-can't-taste-anything spicy. I was having dinner with my mom tonight and she picked up the wrong can of Rotel tomatos for what she was making and I'll be damned if I can taste anything right now. The only thing I can think of is that anyone who likes shit that's too damn spicy must have a slight masochistic streak in them.

IALuder 04-30-2007 08:43 PM

lol, i actually like spicy foods. but there is a limit. i do agree.

Racing Rice 05-01-2007 07:14 AM

I love hot/really spicy food.. Atleast when I'm eating it. :D Then next day, not so much.

I've eaten some shit so hot that it made peoples mouths drop. I don't know why I like it, I just do. Plus it's good for blood circulation.

GT40FIED 05-01-2007 12:10 PM

I used to have a neighbor from one of the Carolinas...I think it was South Carolina. Whenever he'd get sick he would eat jars of jalapenos. Nothing fancy...he'd just get a jar, eat all of the peppers, and then drink the juice. He also dumped tabasco on EVERYTHING he ate. I never did understand it. A few years later he was diagnosed with cancer. The two are probably unrelated, but fuck it if I'm going to risk it.

IALuder 05-01-2007 03:52 PM

spicy food causes cancer. sounds like the whole mcds fries theory

blind34_1 05-02-2007 01:55 AM

I eat spicy things when I'm sick too. Whenever I have a sore throat or a stuffed up nose, eating jalapenos and/or banana peppers can really help. You know when you have a really bad sore throat and you think that pouring acid down your gullet would be better? that's basically what that is. It tends to help me anyway.

but yeah, things are insanely hot becomes less about the food and all about the endurance.

Addict 05-02-2007 09:24 PM

I'll try any spicy food at least once. Personally I think you should add heat to enhance the flavor only. There's a certain point where it just makes no damn sense.

I love thai food btw. Shame there's not any decent ones around here.

GT40FIED 05-03-2007 03:36 AM

Oh yeah. Thai food is great. Best Thai food I ever had was in D.C. a few blocks from Georgetown. How odd is that? Haha. Luckily on the menus they had little meters next to the dishes to show how spicy they were. The spiciest food they served? "Ka-Pow". :D

KwikR6 05-04-2007 12:56 PM

no fucking way. I can't stand overly spicy foods. It makes me sick to my stomach litereally. plus the fact i like foods that have taste not burn.

ChrisCantSkate 05-08-2007 10:56 AM

i love spicy food, i just harvested 25 or so jalapenos off my pepper plants out back. havnt decided what im going to cook yet

KwikR6 05-08-2007 04:39 PM

The hottest i can go is bananna peppers...mmmmm bananna peppers...