HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Civic/Del Sol (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   some crazy idea of mine (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=783)

foxygrandma 10-22-2001 11:51 AM

some crazy idea of mine

i want to replace my fuel injection system with a newer one from a civic with multiple injectors. i have a 91 civic with one injector in the throttle body. i am assumiong i need the head intake and ecu and a few other little things like sensors and things. if i have over looked anything or if you have any advice let me know. thanks in advance.

Dezoris 10-22-2001 11:43 PM

Re: some crazy idea of mine

Quote:

Originally posted by foxygrandma
i want to replace my fuel injection system with a newer one from a civic with multiple injectors. i have a 91 civic with one injector in the throttle body. i am assumiong i need the head intake and ecu and a few other little things like sensors and things. if i have over looked anything or if you have any advice let me know. thanks in advance.
impossible, you'd be better off swapping you motor or going with fuel injected vehicle

foxygrandma 10-23-2001 07:12 AM

my car is already fuel injected, but it is old and doesnt know how to change with changing conditions and things like that. eventually i am doing a motor swap but it will be a while so i want to go a little faster now. i have looked at the newer cars and dont see much differance in the engine itself. i am still going to do some investigating to check it out.

Dezoris 10-23-2001 07:56 AM

Quote:

my car is already fuel injected, but it is old and doesnt know how to change with changing conditions and things like that. eventually i am doing a motor swap but it will be a while so i want to go a little faster now. i have looked at the newer cars and dont see much differance in the engine itself. i am still going to do some investigating to check it out.
Save up some dough, for a newer car or newer motor, you'll only lose money on a 91 :(

Racing Rice 10-23-2001 10:50 AM

I agree with Dez.. $1200 and you can get a ZC swap.. youll probably spend a good bit of that trying to switch it.

Accord Man 10-23-2001 11:00 AM

Whoa that is crazy..

Like the others said.. Full engine swap. Or if the general condition of the car isnt too good, change the car.

foxygrandma 10-23-2001 10:12 PM

well i know someone in a junk yard so that = most parts for free. thats why i am considering it. its not a long term thing. just to ad a little power till i build up an engine. cuz when i build my engine i am gonna go all out. it might take a while to get it done.

2000Pimpinex 10-23-2001 11:49 PM

If you can get parts for free then do it. But if not, don't waste your time and hard earned money. Its not worth it.

Racing Rice 10-24-2001 08:20 AM

Quote:

well i know someone in a junk yard so that = most parts for free. thats why i am considering it. its not a long term thing. just to ad a little power till i build up an engine. cuz when i build my engine i am gonna go all out. it might take a while to get it done.

sounds like a lotta work for a temporary thing..

foxygrandma 10-24-2001 08:43 AM

i can get everything for free except the head, but that will only be about 20 bucks, probly less. when i said temporaoy i meant not permanent. it will be about a year before i put a new engine, maybe a little less, but it seems worth it.

Accord Man 10-24-2001 10:40 AM

Racing Rice is right..

Its way too much work for not much.

Unless you wanna practice your auto mechanic skills or something.

vector_racing 11-01-2001 09:20 PM

i know you get the parts for free, just don't forget the ecu and wiring...there might be a lot more to it then just bolting on a intake and fuel rail...just a though, would be pretty cool tho.
let us know how it goes...

foxygrandma 11-02-2001 10:29 AM

i am going to take the head too just to make things easier. does anyone know how the lines split to go to the seperate injectors? is there something like a fuel regulator or somehting like that to do it?