HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Hybrid Civic (ME) vs. Eclipse GST (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18396)

cashizslick 11-03-2003 08:32 PM

Hybrid Civic (ME) vs. Eclipse GST

Whats up yall - this was a good race.

Ok, so i have a good friend with a Convertable GST eclipse (98). His car is pretty quick, so we decided to "street it" today to see just how much faster his car was than mine.

We didnt race from a dead stop because there is a new law where you get your car impounded on the spot if you get caught racing.

Bacically, He really only beat my once third gear hit - then he was gone, but we were dead even up untill the end of second - BTW, he is boosting at 15 psi.

I do much better than him in first gear, and during second - his turbo (15G) is fully spooled and he pulls on me slightly. Once third kicked in, there was no way i was gonna win, since hondas loose all their muscle once third hits (plus i have to double clutch on my way from 2nd to 3rd - thanks steve for a great tranny from HMO).

But ya, it was a good race and i am impressed with my car and so was my friend.

pdiggitydogg 11-03-2003 08:36 PM

impressive

Shaved &/or Laid 11-03-2003 08:48 PM

word to B16. My tranny works fine.

MAXed Out 11-03-2003 09:00 PM

Damn that is nice bro.

cashizslick 11-03-2003 09:06 PM

Ya, im happy with it - its just that after first gear, im runnin for my life cause he puts out more power than me during second - i'd use the jump i got in first, carry most of it through second and then double clutch and loose everything (since im not to great at double clutchin - rpms drop from 8k to 6k) in third.
He said he could tell when i was in Vtec since he couldnt make mutch headway on me in second.

ebpda9 11-03-2003 09:52 PM

hmm my car pulls like nuts in third too and it's a honda. it's the 1,2,4 that have the problems

V8killimports 11-03-2003 10:24 PM

Re: Hybrid Civic (ME) vs. Eclipse GST

Quote:

Originally posted by cashizslick

We didnt race from a dead stop because there is a new law where you get your car impounded on the spot if you get caught racing.

Uhhh.. are you kidding? It's still racing.. from a stop, roll, whatever.. if you really do have that law, your can will still get impounded.

cashizslick 11-04-2003 08:14 AM

Re: Re: Hybrid Civic (ME) vs. Eclipse GST

Quote:

Originally posted by V8killimports
Uhhh.. are you kidding? It's still racing.. from a stop, roll, whatever.. if you really do have that law, your can will still get impounded.

That may be true, but we are gonna attract mad more attention if we both launch our cars from a dead stop.

Addict 11-11-2003 09:53 PM

Nice run. 15G? Maybe you meant 16G? From a roll is a mistake. Race him from a stop. You should get off the line quicker with that LSD. I know I have issues with wheelspin off the line.

out there 11-12-2003 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Addict
Nice run. 15G? Maybe you meant 16G? From a roll is a mistake. Race him from a stop. You should get off the line quicker with that LSD. I know I have issues with wheelspin off the line.

agreed about the 16g thing. as far as the from a stop race, against a spyder, you will definitely have him off the line because you have about 1000lbs on him. against a 1g... fwd or awd is a different story... ;)

94_AcCoRd_EX 11-12-2003 04:19 PM

Quote:

Ya, im happy with it - its just that after first gear, im runnin for my life cause he puts out more power than me during second - i'd use the jump i got in first, carry most of it through second and then double clutch and loose everything (since im not to great at double clutchin - rpms drop from 8k to 6k) in third.
He said he could tell when i was in Vtec since he couldnt make mutch headway on me in second.

Double clutching? That's a downshifting method... why not just shift normally?

4g63t 11-23-2003 12:51 AM

Ya, (15g), what the heck is that? Ive heard of various turbos.....(13g, t-25, t-28, 14b, 16g, b16g, 18g, 20g, t3/t4, just to name a few.) 15psi isnt that much:no:. But i'd say you did pretty well against him. He's lucky you guys raced from a roll becuase launching with a fwd powerful car sucks. To be honest, i'd say the only reason why you could keep up with him in first and second is becuase in a healthy fwd dsm you cant even go 75% throttle without roasting your tires regardless of whether it's 1g or 2g. I dont even think you can go full throttle untill the top of 3rd and still have traction. I dont know jack about honda's but wouldnt 3rd gear be like golden? You should be going between 70-100mph by then.

out there 11-24-2003 01:42 AM

Re: Hybrid Civic (ME) vs. Eclipse GST

Quote:

(plus i have to double clutch on my way from 2nd to 3rd - thanks steve for a great tranny from HMO).

the double clutch part

Addict 11-24-2003 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by out there
agreed about the 16g thing. as far as the from a stop race, against a spyder, you will definitely have him off the line because you have about 1000lbs on him. against a 1g... fwd or awd is a different story... ;)

Actually its only about a 500lb difference (curb wt. to curb wt.). His car now weighs the same or very close to what an Si weighs.

Addict 11-24-2003 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 4g63t
Ya, (15g), what the heck is that? Ive heard of various turbos.....(13g, t-25, t-28, 14b, 16g, b16g, 18g, 20g, t3/t4, just to name a few.) 15psi isnt that much:no:. But i'd say you did pretty well against him. He's lucky you guys raced from a roll becuase launching with a fwd powerful car sucks. To be honest, i'd say the only reason why you could keep up with him in first and second is becuase in a healthy fwd dsm you cant even go 75% throttle without roasting your tires regardless of whether it's 1g or 2g. I dont even think you can go full throttle untill the top of 3rd and still have traction. I dont know jack about honda's but wouldnt 3rd gear be like golden? You should be going between 70-100mph by then.

Yeah I run 15psi and my GS-T is nothing compared to most. I definately have the issues in 1st & 2nd with wheel spin. I can't give it full throttle or I roast the tires.
3rd gear should be the 'magic' gear. I know that's where my Si pulls hardest.

cashizslick 11-24-2003 09:51 AM

Quote:

Yeah I run 15psi and my GS-T is nothing compared to most. I definately have the issues in 1st & 2nd with wheel spin. I can't give it full throttle or I roast the tires.
3rd gear should be the 'magic' gear. I know that's where my Si pulls hardest.

\

Ya, that was his "majik" gear lol

BTW, my friend is already saying he has gotten crank walk

Addict 11-24-2003 11:58 AM

Quote:

Ya, that was his "majik" gear lol

BTW, my friend is already saying he has gotten crank walk

Already eh? Well crankwalk is fairly random. The 1G's seem to be immune to it. But its really about how you drive/treat your car. Heavy clutches don't help either.

out there 11-24-2003 02:58 PM

Quote:

Actually its only about a 500lb difference (curb wt. to curb wt.).

:smacks forehead: oh yeah, normal weight honda... my friend's integra has lost a lot of weight, so he weighs about 1000lbs less than me

VR4_Craver 11-24-2003 03:49 PM

I thought that it was the GS-T's that were all wheel drive and the GS-X's where the fwd.....im lost;(

out there 11-24-2003 05:01 PM

gs - 4g63 fwd
gst/tsi - 4g63t fwd
gsx/tsi awd - 4g63t awd

4g63t 11-25-2003 11:39 PM

Man, if you honda guys are gonna drive around on the streets like you're all that, then you better get to known other types of cars and what they can do. :yes:

out there 11-25-2003 11:57 PM

maybe we should post the "you might be a dsmer if..." thing here?
my friend with a 90 integra qualifies as a dsmer according to some of those conditionals. in fact, he used to drive a 92 nt eclipse.
you might be a dsmer if... before racing someone, you 90% of the time know their engine, hp, and performance specs. and you usually know if you will win or not

whodatt1 11-28-2003 11:29 AM

[quote]Originally posted by out there
gs - 4g63 fwd
gst/tsi - 4g63t fwd
gsx/tsi awd - 4g63t awd
[/QUOTE

sorry but the only non turbo 4g63 GS's are the first gens. all non turbo secon gens run the 420a block, or the 4g64 in the case of the non turbo spyder. just FYI

4g63t 11-28-2003 07:35 PM

Why are dsmers soo intelligent?