HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Chevelle vs. Olds 442 vs. Firebird RamAir (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820)

HondaZigen 10-24-2001 11:29 PM

Chevelle vs. Olds 442 vs. Firebird RamAir

It was on saturday night when I heard the rumble of the big blocks from my house miles away. To my amazment when I arrived I saw the RamAir smokin the tires. It was great. Later on in the night the guy who owned the Chevelle (bulit merlin motor, almost full drag setup) races the Olds 442. The roar of those big blocks racing down the road was the most amazing sound I have ever heard. I know this isnt the place for domestics but I never knew how cool they could be (having measurable torque and all). Well I still like hondas and stuff at least.

97lude 10-25-2001 07:45 AM

I think most of the people here are into cars period. This really doesn't seem to be a "drive a Honda or get out!" board. So we welcome any races.

90civiclxryder 10-25-2001 06:14 PM

i wish i saw thst. i love the domestic rumble

94_AcCoRd_EX 10-25-2001 07:05 PM

Oh man, wish I was there. I'd love to see that.

KwikR6 10-25-2001 07:39 PM

Just cause it says hondastyle doesn't mean the stories have to be honda. I mean a good kill is a good kill....

RxR_Eclipse 10-26-2001 02:12 AM

I raced a baracuda

Man I was coming back from the world finals in spokane and this late model baracuda rolles up on me on the freeway. Damb I thought his front tires were going to come off the ground at 75mph! We stopped at a GS and BSed for about an hour, turned out that the guy had dropped a hemi big block in a "hurst" edition of the baracuda~and yes his was an original HURST Baracuda. You know the one that made hurst shifters famous. Any way he was really surprised that my eclipse was as fast as it was. Even the old school guys like quick four cylnders.

2000Pimpinex 10-26-2001 06:15 AM

You just can't beat the sound of a big block rumble. The power and torque in those are great. I personally like both import and domestic vehicles. But I prefer my honda because of the MPG and reliability.

Racing Rice 10-26-2001 07:10 AM

I want an old muscle car.... I wanna do hella donuts!!!

Thats the downside to FWD cars... Donuts are hard to do... And are not good on the car..::no::

97lude 10-26-2001 07:18 AM

Even though I like Hondas, there is just something about the power and sound that an opened up V8 makes. It just sounds mean, arhh, arhh, arhh. Doh, I mean yey vtec.;)

KwikR6 10-26-2001 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice

Thats the downside to FWD cars... Donuts are hard to do... And are not good on the car..::no::

My dad and I have a 428 SCJ (Super CObra Jet) in our garage. and when I graduate school. Whoa look out. Were doing a kit car up. An old shelby. 2 seater. Convertable. HOpefully anyway. hahaha

grl_racer 10-27-2001 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice

heheheh put the car in reverse... do it that way ;) its a lot easier

heheh i live in a culdisac... im always pulling the culidsac 500 series!!! :rolleyes:

Racing Rice 10-28-2001 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by grl_racer

heheheh put the car in reverse... do it that way ;) its a lot easier

heheh i live in a culdisac... im always pulling the culidsac 500 series!!! :rolleyes:

You can do that but it puts a lota stress on CV joints and other parts like that.. Ill pass.. Thanks anyway..;)

KwikR6 10-29-2001 07:24 PM

I'll just put all the stress on my car going really fast...going forwards. And in the corners as well...can't forget the corners.

HondaZigen 10-31-2001 09:50 PM

Thats good everyone likes cars period. I agree with you guys, you cant beat the rumble of a big block. The guy with the chevelle was runnin a crate motor with like 600 cubic inches or somethin. I work with him and he also has a Corvette Stingray. What a lucky guy

Matrix 11-05-2001 01:50 PM

Re: Chevelle vs. Olds 442 vs. Firebird RamAir

Quote:

Originally posted by HondaZigen
It was on saturday night when I heard the rumble of the big blocks from my house miles away. To my amazment when I arrived I saw the RamAir smokin the tires. It was great. Later on in the night the guy who owned the Chevelle (bulit merlin motor, almost full drag setup) races the Olds 442. The roar of those big blocks racing down the road was the most amazing sound I have ever heard. I know this isnt the place for domestics but I never knew how cool they could be (having measurable torque and all). Well I still like hondas and stuff at least.

Wow, sounds impressive. I wish I could've been there!

KwikR6 11-05-2001 02:50 PM

I figure pretty much any engine sounds good as long as it's done up properly. I like the sound of a nice H22, b18, b16 etc....to a 302, 428, 454
as long as it sounds good. I think most car enthusiest's (I kan't spell worth shit ;( ) will agree with me.