HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interior Modifications (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Custom Seats? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1455)

DemonicAccord 11-28-2001 02:09 PM

Custom Seats?

Have some? Which brand and how do they fit. Was it worth the price? Got pics?

Let us know.

KwikR6 11-29-2001 10:24 AM

Delsol seats. $600. No pics. they fit good rails have to be changed.

Racing Rice 11-29-2001 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dereks civic
Delsol seats. $600. No pics. they fit good rails have to be changed.

wow... you paid 600 bones for Sol seat... oh wait.. Thats only about $3.25 in the US... Nevermind..;)

KwikR6 11-29-2001 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice

wow... you paid 600 bones for Sol seat... oh wait.. Thats only about $3.25 in the US... Nevermind..;)

no i think it's only a buck and a quater...come one now...lets not get outta hand here and give the canadian dollar too much credit.
hahahaha

Whtehnda93DXSdn 12-13-2001 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm goin to vinyl my stock seats here soon tha then when I get the Extra $ than I'm goin to get 1 or 2 for my ride.

I have heard alot of good things on corbeau's seats and understand them to be very comfortable..

here's a shot of a friend of mines seats that he did himself in vinyl...I think they look tight....;) :)

KwikR6 12-13-2001 11:46 PM

lOOKS good
good luck yo

BrandonClaps 12-28-2001 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
600 cdn?

300 is max for del sol seats in perfect condition

i got mine for $150

KwikR6 12-29-2001 01:11 PM

How they feel? PRetty tight?
$150 US dollars?

DemonicAccord 01-01-2002 02:08 PM

my biggest fear with ordering a custom seat, whether Recaro, Corbeau (sp?), Tenzo, or even Sparco is that it won't fit. I'm 6'4" and around 260#, the last thing I need is to spend bucks and find it doesn't fit and I can't return it. Its things like this that make me wish in SoCal simply because there isn't a SINGLE shop in austin that stocks many if any, seats that I could actually sit in first. bummer

KwikR6 01-01-2002 07:30 PM

Yeah i hear ya about having no shops around and being 6'4" it's a ***** hey

azn_nite_ryder 01-02-2002 01:15 AM

hey demonic...
are there ne local shows there?? cuz if you wait till spring... im sure you can try some out in other peeps rides..... but at 6'4" and 200+.. im pretty sure you'll be ok.... cuz my friend is 6'3" about 230... and he fits fine....

slowEJ6 01-08-2002 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DemonicAccord
my biggest fear with ordering a custom seat, whether Recaro, Corbeau (sp?), Tenzo, or even Sparco is that it won't fit. I'm 6'4" and around 260#, the last thing I need is to spend bucks and find it doesn't fit and I can't return it. Its things like this that make me wish in SoCal simply because there isn't a SINGLE shop in austin that stocks many if any, seats that I could actually sit in first. bummer
i cant remember if it was SCC or Super Street (probably SCC) but one of em did a seating test with a BUNCH of aftermarket seats.......and it explained how they were for the like 5 diff guys sitting in em. from small to large they rated the seats for each different size, ill see if i have the magazine and then ill let you know which it is.

DemonicAccord 01-17-2002 11:14 PM

cool man, I only started getting it in July of 01, and i definitely would have remembered if I had seen it, so obviously I haven't, i'm sure they had at least one token fat guy to sit in the seats

h82lose 01-24-2002 01:01 PM

ive got 4 tenzo seats.

2 rallys in the front
2 Dtms in the back

had to make custom brackets for the back ones but they fit sweeeeet.

1994 Civic Coupe
:yes:

ebpda9 01-24-2002 01:51 PM

what is wrong with your stock seats ?

Mine are dirrty but they are comfy. I was considering getting some neoprene seat covers for $50 a piece.

DemonicAccord 01-25-2002 01:55 AM

my stock seats, well, I'm 6'4", weigh 250#+ and get in and out of my car far more (10X as much? cause of my job) than average owner, the drivers seat is worn and not as comfy as it once was.

BrandonClaps 01-25-2002 09:12 AM

reason for getting rid of stock seats = support, honda seats just flat out suck. the del sol seats are a nice add in for the civics direct bolt in after swapping the rails and it sits further back and down lower giving me 6'4" more room.

I did hear something that some seat company momo or sparco can't remember they are coming out with a EVO III seat that is for us big guys ;D

KwikR6 01-26-2002 09:12 AM

Thanks goodness.....
Yeah the del sol seats is pretty nice.....I think ima go with DAD seats....I heard they kick ass pretty good.

jocalucas 02-02-2002 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrandonClaps
reason for getting rid of stock seats = support, honda seats just flat out suck. the del sol seats are a nice add in for the civics direct bolt in after swapping the rails and it sits further back and down lower giving me 6'4" more room.

I did hear something that some seat company momo or sparco can't remember they are coming out with a EVO III seat that is for us big guys ;D

Yeah, that's right, Sparco is already manufacturing an Evo 3 seat for heavy guys.

I just received an E-mail from them confirming that.

Note: By the way, they are not showing those seats on SparcoUsa site:

http://www.sparcousa.com

jocalucas 02-02-2002 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrandonClaps

Yeah, that's right, Sparco is already manufacturing an Evo 3 seat for heavy guys.

I just received an E-mail from them confirming that.

Notes: By the way, they are not showing those seats on SparcoUsa site:

http://www.sparcousa.com