HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prelude (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   apexi n1 catback question (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241)

94SiSQO 09-09-2001 07:03 AM

apexi n1 catback question

hey all i'm really really sorry to keep bringing this up, but i think i may have found my problem... maybe not.

could you tell me:
* what the size of your tip is on your apexi n1 catback for NA car - is it 90mm (~3.5") or 115mm (~4.5")? (and let me know what car u drive too) and how about the canister roughly?

i'm basically trying to find out which muffler canister came with your full system.

THANKS!

Big James 09-10-2001 06:17 PM

The N1 should come with a 90mm tip.

94SiSQO 09-11-2001 03:21 AM

thanks james.
do you know that one for surE? i've had some ppl tell me it's 115mm.

Big James 09-11-2001 07:45 PM

I have the 115mm tip on my Dunk, and I can say that my five friends who have the N1 have a smaller tip.

94SiSQO 09-12-2001 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Big James
I have the 115mm tip on my Dunk, and I can say that my five friends who have the N1 have a smaller tip.

ohh i c, what cars do they have and did they buy the whole catback system?
and do they have the logo on the sides of their tips?

i think the ones from japan might be smaller and no logo... whereas the ones made in america have the logo and bigger tip.

thanks james

Big James 09-12-2001 02:43 PM

They are on Civic Si's. I am not sure about the logo on the tip though. I will check.

94SiSQO 09-13-2001 02:57 AM

thanks james
appreciate it

do u have any friend's with preludes with the system?

pReLuDe-gUrL 09-14-2001 05:45 PM

Hi,
i have a 99 prelude and the N1. It's a 115mm tip. (pic below) About the logo, mine is posted on the very bottom of the canister and its a welded on tag that has the # on it.

Here is what is posted about ALL N1 applications on www.apexi-usa.com

N-1 SERIES MUFFLER
Minimal number of bends for maximum efficiency
High-end power
In the N-1 Endurance Race, efficiency is everything. With that in mind, the N-1 exhaust systems were born to satisfy the want for quick throttle response and to effectively handle the rigorous demands of high-horsepower engines. The pipes were engineered with the aid of sophisticated CAD systems to develop the straightest possible lines and least number of bends. The straight-through canister projects from the car at an angle, which helps smooth the exhaust flow. The canister is built from SUS 304 stainless steel and features a 115mm tip with aggressive style. The Super Silencer is included on selected models, which can reduce noise levels by up to 7 decibels. The N-1 Series Mufflers are available for both NA (naturally aspirated) and turbo-charged cars.

94SiSQO 09-14-2001 08:39 PM

thanks heaps ludegirl :)
it's just that i've been hearing all sorts of different sizes for the tip.. but it sounds like that u get the "turbo"sized canister.
in japan, they actually come with the 90mm version and a lil sized canister.. but logo not printed, or printed on both sides of the tip. thats where my logos are. it looks way too small.. and thats the one i go cuz i bought universal (mistake).

can u tell me how big the resonator that came with it was?
and how your system sounds like? low rpms, mid rpms, high rpms.

THANKS!!

pReLuDe-gUrL 09-16-2001 11:16 PM

hi!
i have NO clue what size the resonator is! But when in doubt, call the 800 # from the apexi web site :D BuG the tech guys hehe.
As far as sound, it really depends on how your driving! I can easily pull off stealth mode if there is a cop close bye... but if i have my foot on the gas it's quite loud! It has a deep powerful tone, very clean. It's not too loud when im cruising on the fwy, but it is louder than say the greddy evo or power extreme. Hope that helped a lil... its really something you gotta hear for yourself :)

94SiSQO 09-17-2001 04:56 AM

thanks pReLuDe-gUrL!
haha is that a free call no? i'm in australia, think it would be still free? whats the country code for america? :D haha
gotta try to pull off an american accent

i'm gonna go back and change my N1 N/A muffler (90 mm tip and small ass canister) for a turbo one (the size that comes with yours). I was told that u cant use the turbo version on N/A piping (2.25"), but u actually can, as i've recently been informed by many of it being done. and I plan for turbo in the future anyway. thanks for ya help!