HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Finally Turbod (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16829)

2000Pimpinex 07-24-2003 10:55 PM

Finally Turbod

Well, after a long day under the hood and a nice sun burn the turbo is in. It is the greddy kit running on my 2000 ex. Had a few unexpected suprises on the way to being boosted but its all gravy baby. It didn't take as long as most said it would either.

Big props go out to Thermal for his instructions.

TeriyakiBroccoli 07-24-2003 11:42 PM

very nice. I'm assuming you're running stock boost.. around 5.5 psi?

I'm not very clear what comes with the Greddy kit, but it was a t3/t4 hybrid right?

thermal 07-25-2003 11:58 PM

WOOO HOOOOO
welcome to the "darkside"
You da man pimpin! Drive safe bro. I'm sure that by now, your car feels like a totally different ride...... Have fun bro!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

thermal 07-26-2003 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriyakiBroccoli
very nice. I'm assuming you're running stock boost.. around 5.5 psi?

I'm not very clear what comes with the Greddy kit, but it was a t3/t4 hybrid right?

Basically the kit comes with a Trust TD04h-15g turbo (internal wastegate), which is slightly smaller than a T25 or 14b that the Eclipse's have. It also comes with an electronic FCU (Fuel Control Unit), otherwise known as the "blue box". All piping and accessories are there but it does not come standard with intercooler and a decent instruction to install the turbo :). The intercooler is a separate kit and expensive as shiet...... :cool:

2000Pimpinex 07-26-2003 01:24 AM

Thanks!

Yes the greddy instructions really suck. And I mean really suck. The damn blue box instructions are in Japanese. Luckily Thermal has the diagram on his site.

The car feels different but I have a little boost leak. Nothing major, should take about 10 minutes to fix. Other than that, I have alot of old bolts left over and don't have a clue where they should go.

I'm already looking forward to upping the boost but that will have to wait for a little bit.

thermal 07-26-2003 10:59 PM

yeah, i remember having some extra bolts and even hoses...

ebpda9 07-26-2003 11:16 PM

sounds good. can't wait to get my f22 boosted and a tmic

sohc_vtec 2NR 07-27-2003 10:22 PM

man, i'm jealous i wanna get boosted.. :rolleyes: at least a supercharger..... (it'll prolly suite my needs better than a turbo)

thermal 07-28-2003 11:56 AM

pare, I've met so many people who crossed over from JRSC to Turbo. If you look at the JRSC dyno, it gives some really great numbers across the power band at 6 psi. A quick spooling turbo like GReddy does the same thing. I think that the best part of having a turbo is the ability to control boost on the "go" or simply the ease of adjusting the boost. You will have to swap out pulleys for an SC. I did consider this a while back. Without an intercooler, you will come out cheaper than a JRSC. I can get an intercooler for less than $250 and piping for less than $100. I wish I did that instead when I first started this project......

Dr Drew 07-29-2003 12:27 AM

A supercharger can't come close to the power production of a well matched turbo'd engine.

thermal 07-29-2003 07:39 PM

:yes:^^^^words of wisdom^^^^:yes: