HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Civic/Del Sol (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   * Need opinion for 02 Civic.. (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7948)

Erica_02civicCPE 10-07-2002 12:52 PM

* Need opinion for 02 Civic..

:confused: I need some opinions..

Alright I'm pretty confused. I've got a '02 Civic LX Coupe..brand new from the dealership. But anyways, some guy I know who drives like a Probe or Nissan, said that adding things liek Altezza's or Euro lights are "gay and for ricers" lol. Well I don't know about that comment but I personally like SOME of the light designs. Would it be appropriate or I guess..decent (?) to put the lights on my car? Thanks...

Rob 10-07-2002 01:12 PM

Definitely, alot of people like to say that putting Altezzas on your car is "ricing it out" but whatever. If you don't want to go with Altezzas, you can go with clear and/or tint them. If you look at pics of my car, my tails are clear and then I put a couple of layers of eurithane tint on them so they have a charcoal appearance. It all depends on what color your car is and what YOUR tastes are.

Erica_02civicCPE 10-07-2002 01:40 PM

Wow you're cars sweeeeet. :bow: That's kinda what I was thinking about doing, is tinting them. What kind of rims do you have?

slowEJ6 10-07-2002 01:45 PM

clear taillights are illegal....so if you dont mind being pulled over and given tickets for your taillights, you can do that.

a lot of people dont like euro taillights, including myself, but your car isnt anyone elses and its OK to do whatever you want with your own car.

Rob 10-07-2002 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Erica_02civicCPE
Wow you're cars sweeeeet. :bow: That's kinda what I was thinking about doing, is tinting them. What kind of rims do you have?

Quote:

Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
clear taillights are illegal...
I haven't had a problem yet......

slowEJ6 10-07-2002 01:55 PM

thats fine, i didnt say you did. they are still illegal.

pdiggitydogg 10-07-2002 04:04 PM

only illegal if they have white bulbs if theyre red or amber (depending on the area of the tail) theyre fine. at least they are here, i got a fix-it-ticket and just had to change the bulb color and was fine

Erica_02civicCPE 10-07-2002 07:33 PM

:paranoid: Never knew they were illegal...well atleast the way you all told me.

TeriyakiBroccoli 10-07-2002 08:36 PM

the rule of thumb normally goes... if you're a fine chic, then tezzas are cool for you, and only your "kind." ;)

Erica_02civicCPE 10-07-2002 09:18 PM

:crazy: okeedokiee sir lol.

slowEJ6 10-07-2002 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
only illegal if they have white bulbs if theyre red or amber (depending on the area of the tail) theyre fine.

wrong.
thats only if the cop isnt strict on the rules. your taillights have to reflect red. a clear taillight does NOT reflect red, it is therefore ILLEGAL no matter what color bulbs you have. some cops let it slide, but the ones strict on the rules and wanting to pull over some teen in his honda, will get you for it.

euro tails are legal because they reflect red - hence the red reflectors....

Violent Apathy 10-07-2002 10:25 PM

Wow never took a look at your car pics before now AccordinStyle. I'll trade ya cars ;)

ShagginJet 10-07-2002 11:14 PM

Umm, yes, very nice accord.

Erica, it all depends what lights you have in mind. AIM me if you want, show some picts, maybe you (or I) can photoshop them in and you can then tell.

Shagg

Rob 10-08-2002 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheBaconKing
Wow never took a look at your car pics before now AccordinStyle. I'll trade ya cars ;)

sure! :crazy: j/k man, thanks! :cool:

Shagginjet, thanks for the compliment!