HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Civic vs Neon (Big Surprise) (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7059)

richmclaren 08-31-2002 02:25 AM

Civic vs Neon (Big Surprise)

First off, no offense to any Neon owners out there, but I think they're gross. Secondly, this story shows them in a good light, but it happened to my ex-boyfriend so that's why it's funny.

My ex drives a 2000 Civic EX. He hasn't done much to it except for an intake and exhaust. (He claims he has a DC header (is it plural: headers? I really don't know, this subject makes me feel inadequate) but I and all of our friends know he doesn't.) He pulls up next to a Neon that's all "riced" out. I mean it was HORRIBLY done. Anyway, my ex revs up his engine and so does the other driver. When the light turns green, he pulls out in front. But not for long. After a few "zip zip zip's," that TURBO Neon laid him out. I laughed when I found out.

accordboy00 08-31-2002 03:18 AM

header.....
4-bangers=1 header
V6's =2 headers

Ex Civics are pretty slow. Neons are extremely ugly, especially the older ones. Have you ever put you ex to shame in your integ?

Grip72 08-31-2002 03:46 AM

I hate Neons sooo much..the old ones, the new ones and the future ones!!

delsolvtec 08-31-2002 10:11 AM

considering Dodge is coming out with the Neon SRT-4 that's putting out a turbo charged 205hp I wouldnt count neons out as a serious competitor just yet. :)

richmclaren 08-31-2002 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by accordboy00
header.....
4-bangers=1 header
V6's =2 headers

Ex Civics are pretty slow. Neons are extremely ugly, especially the older ones. Have you ever put you ex to shame in your integ?

Thanks for the clarification. I just always heard it said in the plural form but wasn't sure if that was right.

HAHA...I whooped his ass twice. (We only raced two times.) After that, he refused to race me anymore AND he made up excuses for it. ("You had a head start" or "I wasn't ready yet.") If anything, I gave HIM a head start in the first race. The night after I beat him, he went and begged his parents for a Celica GTS...he never got it.

And to follow up on delsolvtec's post, my friend in Germany raced a Neon RT and he said it was pretty damn fast!

Addict 09-02-2002 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by delsolvtec
considering Dodge is coming out with the Neon SRT-4 that's putting out a turbo charged 205hp I wouldnt count neons out as a serious competitor just yet. :)
Nope not at all.

I don't like the looks of them particularly, but I'm not gonna slam them..

monkut 09-02-2002 06:38 PM

they're still unsure of what the final hp output will be on the srt-4 but ive heard as high as 225 and now for the first time, as low as 205. maybe its final now, im not sure though.

vuep 09-04-2002 10:32 PM

v-6 one header:yes:

Violent Apathy 09-04-2002 11:40 PM

wouldn't call the civic losing a big surprise. sure neons suck, but civics really aren't much better.

richmclaren 09-05-2002 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheBaconKing
wouldn't call the civic losing a big surprise. sure neons suck, but civics really aren't much better.

I meant the neon's turbo was the "big surprise," not the fact that the Civic lost.

blind34_1 09-07-2002 08:31 PM

That is rather surprising. The most I would expect inside a riced out neon would be a fart pipe and one of those no name intakes from autozone. Oh yeah, btw I think your ex has the wrong idea. If you lose against someone, dont just go out and buy a new car to boost your ego, improve the one you have.

richmclaren 09-08-2002 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by blind34_1
Oh yeah, btw I think your ex has the wrong idea. If you lose against someone, dont just go out and buy a new car to boost your ego, improve the one you have.

Yeah, that's what everyone told him. He eventually decided to drop in a GSR motor and turbo it. We were all like, "Yeah, and with what means? Your MOM wouldn't let you put on the carbon fiber hood that you already bought. How old are you now? You're in college?" He could've fooled us.

I'm sorry, I'm ranting. I'll stop.

mt.biker 09-08-2002 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheBaconKing

amen to that!

abc 09-08-2002 11:01 PM

Re: Civic vs Neon (Big Surprise)

Quote:

Originally posted by accordboy00
header.....
4-bangers=1 header
V6's =2 headers

I know it's header but I like to call them headers anyone else with me? or it might just be cuase I drive a V8 and I got use it to.

mt.biker 09-08-2002 11:05 PM

Re: Re: Civic vs Neon (Big Surprise)

Quote:

Originally posted by abc

I know it's header but I like to call them headers anyone else with me? or it might just be cuase I drive a V8 and I got use it to.

what do you drive?

abc 09-08-2002 11:25 PM

94 camaro Z28.. All stock.

ebpda9 09-08-2002 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by abc

I know it's header but I like to call them headers anyone else with me?

same here. sometimes i refer to them as headers, even thou it's only one

abc 09-08-2002 11:34 PM

Just seems more "right" you know what i'm sayin'?

ebpda9 09-08-2002 11:36 PM

YUP

abc 09-08-2002 11:39 PM

Yeah a little off topic, but alot of people think there is only import and domestic people, And they keep forgetting about the group inbetween. Like me. I'm not domestic nor import, i'm a car guy.

Addict 09-08-2002 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by abc
i'm a car guy.
:yes:
Yep, I'm with you on that one.

ebpda9 09-08-2002 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by abc
i'm a car guy.

same here but somewhat i'm biased towards accords even they are slower than dirt

abc 09-08-2002 11:53 PM

Figured you would be. I can't stand it when import people say domestic are wrong, and domestic people say import people are wrong... Neither one is wrong, American cars have there pros and cons, as do imports... I currently own a American car, but that don't mean I wouldn't buy a imported car. My car has alot of low end torque. But it can't rev as high, cuase of long stokes, and higher displacement. Oh and poor gas milage. Not bad usly above 20 mph (depending on my driving) but not 33 like some imports. My next car might be a new S2000. Or used Corvette C5. I've always wanted a Vette sence I was a kid, but S2000 arn't bad.

abc 09-08-2002 11:54 PM

accord's arn't bad my cousin' owned one. Never drove it but the looks 'n such.

ebpda9 09-08-2002 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by abc
Figured you would be. I can't stand it when import people say domestic are wrong, and domestic people say import people are wrong... Neither one is wrong, American cars have there pros and cons, as do imports... I currently own a American car, but that don't mean I wouldn't buy a imported car. My car has alot of low end torque. But it can't rev as high, cuase of long stokes, and higher displacement. Oh and poor gas milage. Not bad usly above 20 mph (depending on my driving) but not 33 like some imports. My next car might be a new S2000. Or used Corvette C5. I've always wanted a Vette sence I was a kit, but S2000 arn't bad.

i'm not saying that i talk crap about other cars. i really like a nice car, or one that is done right. what upsets me most is when ppl are talking crap about other cars without having any knowledge about the subject.

ShEaNy 09-09-2002 12:11 AM

yea im a car guy to...i like em all..and just like hondamaniac...im biased towards accords....

'00EX5-turbo 09-09-2002 12:27 AM

abc

u r good, man. u should have a talk with a guy named v8killimport here in the forum. he doesnt respect cars and he trash talk cars. i hope everybody has the kind of understanding u have.:)

abc 09-09-2002 12:36 AM

Yes I think there should be more people like me. And i'm guessing you too.

94_AcCoRd_EX 09-09-2002 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by abc
I'm not domestic nor import, i'm a car guy.

AMEN. Glad to have you around the forums :bow:

abc 09-09-2002 04:03 PM

Glad to be here, I'm also on vtec.net forum. Some good people over there.

Racing Rice 09-10-2002 12:49 PM

Im a gearhead... If its got tires I like it.. ;) :yes:

I dont see any car as, just a car.. I see every car as potential to be something better then it came from factory. Im a sick person, but Id drive a Chevettes if I could get one. Especially if I could get ahold of a BB to drop in it!:cool:

VR4_Craver 09-15-2002 05:12 PM

I cant beleive the general consensus here. Sure Civic EX arent the fastest but i wont belive that a neon beat one until i seen one do it. I have seen several Civics race with Camaro's and win for a while but once the sheer engine size makes up the difference then the civic goes down. But i am still yet to see a Neon give a Camaro a run for its money.

ShEaNy 09-15-2002 05:31 PM

ive seen a civic beat a viper on video..was it digitally altered...i have no idea.. but thats what i call fast.. neons have potential ALL cars do...u never know what people do to there engine till u get beat...

fastasfoggy 09-15-2002 07:12 PM

Re: Civic vs Neon (Big Surprise)

Quote:

Originally posted by richmclaren
to my ex-boyfriend so that's why it's funny.

My ex drives a 2000 Civic EX. Anyway, my ex revs up his engine and so does the other driver.

so youre not seeing anyone?

Kyle 09-15-2002 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by VR4_Craver
I cant beleive the general consensus here. Sure Civic EX arent the fastest but i wont belive that a neon beat one until i seen one do it. I have seen several Civics race with Camaro's and win for a while but once the sheer engine size makes up the difference then the civic goes down. But i am still yet to see a Neon give a Camaro a run for its money.
the neon was turbo...or did i read wrong?...:rolleyes:

richmclaren 09-16-2002 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by fastasfoggy

so youre not seeing anyone?

Ha Ha! :D No, I am not seeing anyone right now.

And Mobbo: Yes, you read it right, the Neon had a turbo.

abc 09-16-2002 03:01 AM

I've never seen a Turbo neon... And i've never seen a turbo civic.. I think an Integra had a turbo, but I couldn't rice him... I was on E driving to the gas station. And if case no one knew camaro's don't get good gas milage... even more so when you're racing one. And good thing I didn't race him I just made it.

crxb16hybrid 09-17-2002 10:02 AM

Not to say I like neons but theres this kat at the track that runs mid to high 8s in his .......(the 8s are in an 1/8 mile ) but the car is pretty dam fast and its a sedan...Also he wont tell what he has in the thing .....You never see the hood open ....I know hes gotta shot on it but thats the only thing we have been able to confirm......Oh well the thing is still ugly....:D

abc 09-18-2002 05:59 AM

Yeah thats quick, what about 10-11 in the 1/4? I would guess a turbo, a nice turbo. maybe even 2 of them. My car runs in the mids 14s (AIC), I not sure about the 1/8 i've never raced it... I have no clue where the closest truck is... If any one knows tell me I live near Albany, N.Y. (Upstate NY)....

And always remember his car is a ugly ass compact family sedan.

Addict 09-18-2002 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by abc
And always remember his car is a ugly ass compact family sedan.
lol:D