HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Others (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Suspension (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15206)

GirlRacer 05-11-2003 09:30 AM

Suspension

So, ok:

You guys'll have to forgive me for beig a typical girl on this, but I just got 16's for my CRX & with those, I've ordered lowering springs & a camber kit.

Has anybody installed either of these things? Is it a couple hour job, or a couple day job? I really know nothing about suspension.

And with the camber kit, can anyone tell me how this works & if it really does? I know it works and straightens out negative camber, this is a given...but HOW:confused:

delsolvtec 05-11-2003 12:14 PM

You might want to have the camber adjusted and an alignment done at a shop after you install everything. The suspension install should only take a couple of hours if you have the proper tools and basic mechanical skill.

GirlRacer 05-11-2003 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by delsolvtec
if you have the proper tools and basic mechanical skill.

:yes: Luckily, I have access to both those things at all times!;)

I can take it to an alignment shop afterwards though and they won't jack up my camber kit?

delsolvtec 05-11-2003 12:56 PM

Yes, if it's a reputable alignment shop then they will be able to set the camber at any setting you want within the limits of your camber kit. The alignment rack will read camber as well as toe in etc...

DelSolStylin 05-29-2003 02:56 PM

I have a word document that explains step by step how to install a camber kit with pictures if you are interested. I haven't installed one myself but I would imagine it would be helpful as you are doing it. Also, my friend just installed a camber kit on his accord and he had some problems with the UCA rubbing against the wheel well so he had to modify that a bit..other than that he said it was a piece of cake.

GirlRacer 05-29-2003 05:38 PM

ya, that sounds great, e-mail it to me if you can. (GirlRacerFive0@aol.com):yes:

SolPol 05-30-2003 08:37 AM

Me too actually, just for info, I will be doing all that soon.

KwikR6 05-30-2003 10:44 AM

Did you buy new shocks also?

GirlRacer 05-30-2003 12:05 PM

Yanno, I've heard they have 'lowered struts' now... I didn't buy those, just the lowering springs & the camber kit.

What do you think?:confused:

SolPol 05-30-2003 12:40 PM

Hey, you got your quote wrong GurlRacer.

It's better for a person to think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

ebpda9 05-30-2003 01:54 PM

get some shocks now too. it will save you a lot of headaches in the long run. :yes: i can get you some nice prices i u want me to

GirlRacer 05-30-2003 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SolPol
Hey, you got your quote wrong GurlRacer.

It's better for a person to think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I know, it wouldn't let me fit all that in there! I tried.

And Hondamaniac... what kinda prices, I may be pickin some up:yes:

ebpda9 05-30-2003 09:48 PM

i usually don't give out the prices on the board. im me or pm me and tell me more about what springs and how low they will go so i can make a few reccomendations

tuningcrx 06-03-2003 03:34 AM

GirlRacer, i think they mean performance struts when whoever it was said "lowered struts"...but i've never heard them called that before.

with the lowering springs you are getting, you do want to get performance struts and shocks because your stock ones will wear out quickly from the increased friction of a shorter suspension.

GirlRacer 06-03-2003 07:22 AM

wont they do that anyway?:confused:

tuningcrx 06-06-2003 02:20 AM

no, the springs are separate from the shocks and struts. changing the springs alone will improve your handling, but will make the stock shocks and struts wear out quicker.