HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Kid on the Block (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Just want to be part of the family (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2788)

sumo 02-05-2002 06:06 PM

Part of the family

Hey my name is David and i'm from Cali. I have a silver '01 CIVIC EX. I just put in a Alpine deck, Infinity component system, Infinity speakers and a 12 inch Solo Baric sub. I also tinted the rear windows and now I am ready to improve the performance of my car. Any suggestions?

94_AcCoRd_EX 02-05-2002 06:25 PM

Hi David, welcome to HS. How do you like your audio system?

As for performance, read around the forums, and do some searches, and then if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

You'll probably want to start with an intake, headers, and an exhaust to gain some hp. If you're serious about making power, you'll need a turbo setup.

slowEJ6 02-06-2002 04:09 AM

welcome to the site, as 94 Accord said.......be sure to search around the forums and use the search feature to find anything you may want to know about. if you cant find what yer looking for that way feel free to post any questions you may have in their appropriate forum. enjoy the site!
:yes:

Accord Man 02-06-2002 10:07 AM

Welcome to the club..

You put in a square solo? just curious.. ;)

sumo 02-06-2002 12:31 PM

I originally wanted two 12 inch Rockford Fosgate Punches but the box was really big and I wanted to save space so I put in a square solo baric in with a 600X1 Kenwood amp. It worked out 4 the best I saved hella trunk space and the solo hits.

SiSpeed2000 02-06-2002 02:04 PM

welcome to HS!

Maxvla 02-07-2002 12:03 AM

Welcome to HS. Get addicted. Its healthy... i swear.

i hear those square L7's have a tendancy to seperate at the sides, but your mileage may vary.

circle is and has always been the best.

phorcedaccess 02-07-2002 01:24 AM

Welcome!! intake exhaust headers to start with,:yes:

RxR_Eclipse 02-07-2002 08:38 PM

go out and get the damn greddy turbo kit! 1500$. You will whoop on most cars out there! And have that cool BOV to play with!

phorcedaccess 02-07-2002 08:48 PM

Turbo turbo turbo.... Ok here comes super newbie question. What exactly does turbo do? I mean from a very specific point of view. I dont wanna hear.. It gives you boost... I want to know exactly what it does.

Accord Man 02-07-2002 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sumo
I originally wanted two 12 inch Rockford Fosgate Punches but the box was really big and I wanted to save space so I put in a square solo baric in with a 600X1 Kenwood amp. It worked out 4 the best I saved hella trunk space and the solo hits.

Cool..

Please tell me you dont have one of those 600w max Kenwood amps that everybody has?? Cause those really arent strong enough to drive a solo.. :o :cool:

RxR_Eclipse 02-07-2002 08:57 PM

Dude! Ok here is the short skinny. It compresses the air in your engine to make more power, unlike a superscharger, it uses spent exhaust gases to turn a turbine connected to you intake.
I guess essentially it RAISES your compression ration without putting in high end pistons and rods and other costly internal shit. Does that make sense?
Look at it this way, the more "boost" you make, the higher compression ratio you will have, thus .................making more power!