HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Others (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Two Turbo Del Sols representen at Import MegaShow Chicago (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7503)

delsolvtec 09-22-2002 12:49 PM

Two Turbo Del Sols representen at Import MegaShow Chicago

My Car...

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/Vi...ge&param=24030

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/Vi...18&param=69506

and the H22 turbo del sol that beat me..

http://www.printroom.com/EditAlbumPh...=9&view=actual

delsolvtec 09-22-2002 12:52 PM

sorry I couldn't figure out how to post pics from printroom...

delsolvtec 09-22-2002 12:54 PM

ahhhhhhhhh, anyone know how to post pics from printroom??

ChrisCantSkate 09-22-2002 01:18 PM

didnt work for me... said i needed a username and password

delsolvtec 09-22-2002 01:21 PM

try this link..

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.a...lbum_id=100473

ChrisCantSkate 09-22-2002 01:36 PM

ok.. all the links work for me now but the turbo h22 in your first post.. but i saw it in the second one.. lookin good

ebpda9 09-22-2002 01:50 PM

nice pics.

delsolvtec 09-22-2002 02:37 PM

Yeah, the show was a blast. I went to Hot Import Nights too, but HIN was way too crowded to even get a good look let alone a pic of any cars.

KwikR6 09-23-2002 01:53 AM

Oh man..your car looks sooo sick....I love it...
As for the H22 turbo'd sol...
I posted that one in here....I like yours better.

delsolvtec 09-23-2002 02:04 AM

Thanks, the H22 del sol barely runs half the time. He has all types of problems with it. I guess he bought it from some guy in california already done. Messed up the turbo and manifold somehow, now it's cutting out under boost etc... And that car took second place in the Honda Civic 2dr. class which consisted of about 75-100 Civics/Del Sols... His interior was all stock and missing the vents, the shift boot was ripped... I was totally shocked that they judged his car so highly. Also the metallic in the paint is that spray on car tint... Damn idiot show judges.

Thanks for the compliments by the way.

94_AcCoRd_EX 09-23-2002 02:13 AM

Hey bro, that's a really sweet car :cool:

delsolvtec 09-23-2002 11:37 PM

Thanks 94accord, it's great to hear some people enjoy looking at my car after the countless hours of burnt skin, empty bank accounts and all nighters that have gone into building that thing.

ShEaNy 09-25-2002 12:52 PM

ur car looks better then that H22 sol....

delsolvtec 09-25-2002 01:07 PM

Thanks man. A lot of people thought so, except for the judges. I sure as hell can't wait to go to one of those private outdoor shows where the crowd votes for the cars.

KwikR6 09-25-2002 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sheany_91accord
ur car looks better then that H22 sol....
I'm so with you on that one...!!!

delsolvtec 09-25-2002 04:53 PM

You guys keep feeding my ego and my head might explode..

:bow: thanks again...

Wait until you see it when I finish reworking the body. Mugen or Spoon carbon front lip, carbon side skirts and rear lower add ons. Also some gunmetal 17" konig imagines and a Veilside rear wing..

TonitrusEN 09-25-2002 05:59 PM

omg that bass in a bottle is GARBAGE

Not only is it made by bazooka, but it sounds like trash..

sorry i needed to vent

Your car is phat delsol :).. the other is ghey end of story, the wise one has spoken and so shall it be

delsolvtec 09-25-2002 11:22 PM

That bass in a bottle might sound like crap, but it's a trip to look at and then five minutes later realize that it was a speaker and not a nitrous tank. Sure as hell got me.

Oh and that's my buddies GTI, he doesn't need nitrous to get that car moving. That thing is FAST...

KwikR6 09-26-2002 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by delsolvtec
You guys keep feeding my ego and my head might explode..

:bow: thanks again...

Wait until you see it when I finish reworking the body. Mugen or Spoon carbon front lip, carbon side skirts and rear lower add ons. Also some gunmetal 17" konig imagines and a Veilside rear wing..

That will look sick yo

delsolvtec 09-26-2002 01:45 AM

Yeah, I'm going for a more subtle closer to OEM look. I loved the body kit at first but got tired of scraping. I have my coil overs turned all the way down and I don't want to raise the car up, so why not raise the body..

KwikR6 09-26-2002 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by delsolvtec
Yeah, I'm going for a more subtle closer to OEM look. I loved the body kit at first but got tired of scraping. I have my coil overs turned all the way down and I don't want to raise the car up, so why not raise the body..
That's a good idea...see I have never really done the body kit thing...and I want to do one soo bad...so i figure **** it..might as well do it now

delsolvtec 09-26-2002 01:56 AM

yup, you will love driving a car that looks nothing like your old one. I'm also going to be getting rid of my rims too. Grabbing some Konig Imagines..

KwikR6 09-26-2002 02:08 AM

I'm going with Tenzo R mean 6's....gunmetal...

delsolvtec 09-26-2002 02:10 AM

those are defenately some sweet wheels. I like the Imagines because they are a two piece look. Gunmetal with a polished lip..

KwikR6 09-26-2002 02:14 AM

Yeah the new mean 6's are also....soo tite..

Kyle 10-01-2002 10:54 PM

I got a question...I plan on buying a del sol/turboing it this summer, and I need to know what turbo kit to buy(I think greddy makes one)
I'm a n00b to turbos...so i need a good starter turbo kit

delsolvtec 10-02-2002 01:50 AM

It depends on which del sol you are going to buy. If you get the single cam del sol order a turbo kit for a 92-95 Civic, if you get the DOHC then you will have to order a kit for a newer civic SI. Make sure you shell out the extra 700$ for the front mount intercooler and also upgrade your fuel system if you want the car to run right.

Right now I can run up to ten psi of boost with no problems. I am running Arias pistons, total seal rings, a greddy 2mm headgasket, bbk fuel pump, aem fuel rail, venom injectors, b and m fuel pressure riser, apex vafc, zex sparkplugs.

If you are going to run the preset 5psi of boost then you really shouldn't have to worry about the fuel system, but might want to replace the headgasket and stuff to prepare the engine for boost. This also depends on how many miles the car has on it and it's maintenance history. There are so many things to factor in when deciding to turbocharge a daily driven car. You want it to be fast and reliable. Trust me, the upgrades might cost you some $$, but they will save you money and time in the long run.

Kyle 10-02-2002 02:03 PM

oops...i forgot to tell you that i'm gonna put an h22 in it too. I wanna turbo the h22

KwikR6 10-02-2002 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mobbo
oops...i forgot to tell you that i'm gonna put an h22 in it too. I wanna turbo the h22
Mmmmm speed

delsolvtec 10-02-2002 02:06 PM

You need to talk to LooJay, the guy with the White Del Sol, although I think he bought the car already modded like that.

You will want to pay attention to the same points when turbocharging any motor. The H22 runs a higher compression ratio then the stock del sol single cam motor, so you really want to be careful when adding boost. Boost and high compression don't mix well unless you are running race fuel. I still recommend installing a thicker head gakset to dump the compression down a bit and maybe some low comp pistons to lower it further. No matter what motor you are turbocharging you want to make sure you beef everything up to prevent problems later.