HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Body Modifications (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Removing Pinstripes (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21818)

WildChild 06-24-2004 05:43 PM

Removing Pinstripes

I got my car recently fixed and painted. And I need to remove the rest of the pinstripes left on the car. Thier painted on. I have heard of using laquer thinnner, but i have also heard that it will damage the clear coat. Razor blades, lighter fluid, etc. Does anybody have any ideas? I is there any products out there that i can buy? If so, where can I get it? Any ideas would be great :).

Shot 2 Hel 06-25-2004 02:59 PM

If its painted on I would just leave it

WildChild 06-25-2004 04:57 PM

Half of one side of my car doesn't have them. And I would like to remove them anyway. I think it gives it a more cleaner look. Just my openion.

WildChild 06-26-2004 05:54 PM

Is anyone out there? Heeeelp:confused:

Shot 2 Hel 06-29-2004 01:23 AM

not many people check this forum. If you have to take them off I would go to a body shop. Using anything that would take the stripes off would probably ruin the clearcoat. But if it is completly necessary to take these pinstripes off then I would get some paint thinner on a Q tip and be real careful.

CD5Passion 06-29-2004 03:01 AM

dude if they are painted on I would avoid touching them and have professionals deal with it

Shot 2 Hel 06-30-2004 06:21 PM

might I ask why there are only pinstripes on one side of your car

hondaguy11 07-21-2004 08:15 PM

I know I have used mineral spirits (watered down) to remove pinstripe like stickers off of mine and friends cars. I just had to wipe it down really quickly before the spirits had time to do anything, looks just as good without the stickers and no damage to the paint. The stickers weren’t painted on though.

Good luck on that. If it is painted on I would go with what other people have said and check out a good professional.

lilhonda 08-07-2004 08:50 PM

the body shops will use this eraser thingy and a buffer.... or was that for a sticker..... either way thats how they removed mine and theres still kinda a shadow of the old stripes. i got it done for free though so i cant really complain.

4drmadness 08-24-2004 07:38 PM

a shop normally will use a fine grit cleaner and high speed buffer to remove them and sometimes cost a arm and leg..lol :yes: Unless you have a hookup like some.
If you try it w/ thinners I would recommend diluting it a ltitle and as mentioned use a Q-Tip to apply the solution. Once you are finished I would wash and then wax that area. Hope this may help and good luck w/ what you do or did..

AkimboStylee 09-03-2004 10:49 AM

chances are that they ae under the clear coat, to make it easier i would have one put on the oter sde, cause they would have to respray the whole car just to remove a pinstripe, not worth it.

Monica 07-20-2021 09:12 PM

I have also encountered similar conditions and thanks for your suggestion, guys.

thebestlogs 07-29-2021 10:14 PM

dasd