HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Civic/Del Sol (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Civic Manual? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1226)

VicPreist 11-12-2001 03:27 PM

Civic Manual?

Anyone got onea those chiltons or helms manuals for adobe acrobat? my friend got one for his gen 2 integra an i figured someone might be smart enough to like scan one in for a civic.

slowEJ6 11-12-2001 04:56 PM

thatd be a lot of scanning, just buy one this way you can bring it with you wherever you go ;)

VicPreist 11-12-2001 05:22 PM

ugh, well I'm the kinda guy who likes to save an extra $60-70 bucks when ever he can, but I guess I'll have to do that. :mad:

slowEJ6 11-12-2001 08:32 PM

$60-$70???? :eek:
i didnt know they were that much......you can get a Haynes manual from pep boys/discount auto parts/autozone for like $12 ::yes::

VicPreist 11-12-2001 09:19 PM

nah man, i wana get a helms manual. they r like really really in depth an are only for ur year an stuff. suppose to kick @ss.

slowEJ6 11-13-2001 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by VicPreist
nah man, i wana get a helms manual. they r like really really in depth an are only for ur year an stuff. suppose to kick @ss.
yeah i have one.....it was just a suggestion though for the meantime :o

Racing Rice 11-13-2001 07:58 AM

Quote:

Ive got the Helms for the Civic but I dont have a scanner and that much time on my hands... Its well worth the $65 for it... Buy it.. Itll save you way more then that in the long run..;)

VicPreist 11-13-2001 10:42 AM

yeah, ive heard that, but exactly what is it gona do for me. I know your gonna say 'it's got everything" like everyone else does, but I dont have much of a creative mind to figure out what everything is. Gimme some examples!

Racing Rice 11-13-2001 10:58 AM

Quote:

yeah, ive heard that, but exactly what is it gona do for me. I know your gonna say 'it's got everything" like everyone else does, but I dont have much of a creative mind to figure out what everything is. Gimme some examples!

Itll help you work on your car trouble free.. Its got everything from torque specs of each nut and bolt in your car, wire diagrams, shows you the procedures for adding and removing about every part on the car, even tells you what fluids you should run for whatever. Its got about anything youd like to know about your car, in its stock for of course. These things can save you big money if you work on your car yourself. If you dont then youd probably be wasting your money.

slowEJ6 11-13-2001 12:18 PM

they are also great to have during engine swaps.....one manual for your car, one for the car which the engine came out of. makes things A LOT easier :)