HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   My Car is Broken! (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   clicking noises (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26826)

calicojack 09-12-2006 12:58 PM

clicking noises

Hey all- I have a question for you. Over the weekend I finally got my exhaust leaks fixed and things are much quiter now. I started up the civic and noticed a clicking noise, not sure how long its been there because the exhaust was so loud I may have just not been able to hear it- anyway it only clicks when its under power, idles fine no clicks or anything but when you give it some gas it starts clicking. I havent been able to pin point where its comming from but its somewhere on the left side of the motor, where the belts are. I googled it and the only think it came up with was maybe a broken valve spring. Any one had something similar or have any thoughts?

IALuder 09-12-2006 10:11 PM

I would check/set the valve lash (It's supposed to be done every 30k or so anyway) and see if it goes away. While you have the valve cover off, inspect all the springs/retainers. This is just routine maint. that needs to be done anyway.

Also check your AC idler pulley, those seem to go bad pretty often.

calicojack 09-13-2006 01:07 PM

Yeah I havent had a change to pull the cover off yet but im hoping it something minor like that. Driving it shouldnt hurt it tho should it?

IALuder 09-13-2006 09:20 PM

yes. it will. i would asctually not drive it till i got the time to check it. also if it is vtec it will only make that noise 15-20 at cold start up. if it makes it while turning and only turning its the axle.

calicojack 09-18-2006 12:51 AM

yeah I figgured out what it was, turned out to be the turbocharger. It started blowing smoke the other day so I pulled it off and the clicking stopped- so now im unturboed for awhile, kinda sucks

samrawet 12-16-2008 11:49 PM

than check again that he noise or .......

dcointrade 04-28-2021 12:31 AM

And interested friends can also go and see them.
His masterpieces "Princess Diaries", "Les Miserables" and "Interns" are all very good movies, and interested friends can also go and see them.
This film tells the story of a female college student who has just left school and entered a top fashion magazine as an assistant to the editor-in-chief. From the confusion of entering the workplace to finding the root of the problem from herself, she finally became an excellent workplace and fashion magazine.

hvxll2 07-14-2021 02:28 AM

Sorry I cannot give you any useful advice

JustinBlack 09-26-2021 12:51 PM

I think you can go to an engineer who can help you.