HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hybrid (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   hybrid project commences....... (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25544)

IALuder 10-19-2005 08:50 PM

hybrid project commences.......

so you all know, im planning on H23vtec my lude. well i got my head. i bought a complete H22a4 head. for the better air flow.

now for my fellow luders on the site. what parts would you use in your head build?

thermal 10-19-2005 10:10 PM

I dont know much about H-series, but I recommend dual valve springs and titanium retainers. I would go ahead port match and port the intake then port match and port and polish the exhaust.

AzCivic 10-19-2005 10:15 PM

i'd get some crower stage 2 cams and whatever else you'd need to run them safely.

IALuder 10-25-2005 05:52 PM

well i sold the head and am shipping it back to VA. oh well. i plan to buy the complete swap from Hmotors.

that way ill get everything i need. i figured it was cheaper and easier to swap the block instead of the head. with the money ill be making at Bud. ill get my car paid off and the swap by spring time.:yes:

IALuder 01-11-2006 09:03 PM

<OK BACK FROM THE DEAD>

I GOT MY BLOCK!!

Darton Sleeved H23a1 block. machined a H22a4 (55mm mains) crank for safer high rpms. It's a bare block, except for the water pipe, oil cooler, & oil squirters. I also have the crank & a H22a4 girdle. 89mm bore.

thermal 01-12-2006 07:29 AM

Nice! What head are you gonna use now? Do you have all the misc parts to complete the bottom end?

IALuder 01-12-2006 04:47 PM

i can use the oem misc parts off my old h23. the internals i havent decided on what to get it. oil pan is in the mail.
anything else i need to think about getting?

EDIT. im going to buy a pnp h22a4 head from a local shop.

AzCivic 01-12-2006 05:23 PM

if you're really going to boost i'd save money and not pnp the head. hell I woudn't even put a vtec head on.

IALuder 01-12-2006 06:06 PM

then whats the point in my build???

i want more tq than the h22 or h23 can make. put them together you get more tq less hp then h22a,1,4 but more then h23. the average specs on the build using stock parts: 175hp 169tq. thats the point in a h23vtec build.

AzCivic 01-12-2006 07:56 PM

i'm not really sure, I don't think you know what you want to do.

who cares how much power someone made w/ their h23vtec build. you'll make way WAY more than that with a strong block, stock h23 head and lots of boost.

sicones 01-12-2006 09:47 PM

is this going to be an all motor or boosted block, if your not boosting, nitrous or using high compression pistons how are you going to make any real power to put those darton sleeves to use???

IALuder 01-12-2006 10:33 PM

im boosting. i got an oil pan from a friend that parted out a boost h23. so i got the plugs done already.

az you dont see my point. i want the power of a h23vtec tha t i cant get from a h22a.

AzCivic 01-13-2006 12:25 AM

I do see your point, it just doesn't make sense to me.

you don't need a vtec head to make gobs of power with boost. by going to a vtec head you're just making the whole process more complicated and more prone to problems.

if you want to boost, get good rods/pistons (since you already have a sleeved block), slap on the stock head(maybe ss valves to deal w/ extra heat) and put on the turbo kit, tune it and easily make more power than you need.

out of curiousity is your car automatic?

IALuder 01-13-2006 06:16 PM

well if they made good aftermarket parts for a h23 head maybe id think twice. but sence nobody like the h23 they make jack for it.

plus the head swap doesnt make it more prone to problems. after all im just making the H23a. which is a h23 with a vtec head. they put it in euro R accords.

its not as complicated as it sounds.

my car is CURRENTLY an auto. i talked to hmotors about a complete swap with out the motor. they said they can meet my demand and lower price. so, after i get the motor build and put together. ill buy that and start work on the tranny. unless i decide agianst the H tranny and bolt up a B series or D series tranny to it.

AzCivic 01-13-2006 06:56 PM

what aftermarket parts are you looking for? off the top of my head I know crower makes cams for the h23.

it might not have any problems at all, but putting on a stock head is going to be simpler and probably cheaper.

its your money and time, i'm just trying to give a suggestion on how to make the most of it. good luck.

IALuder 01-13-2006 09:30 PM

i like your opinion, and constructive critizum. i have been planin this out for a will now. i have read all articals, threads, ect.