HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My Project EJ8 (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26102)

sohc_vtec 2NR 02-22-2006 09:50 PM

My Project EJ8

My EJ8 is about to start another chapter in its life.. it first started as a daily commuter that was used from highschool and back home. Back then she had minor bolt ons such as AEM short ram, GReddy EVO, and short shifter. After a couple years of mediocre N/A performance I decided to run with a few psi... After 2 more years, 8 psi just couldn't cut it anymore..and so here I am starting another chapter.

I'll be updating this thread as I progress deeper into this project. I'm hoping to get it finished by opening day of our local track (april 1st).

It all starts out with a bunch of parts acquired over time. (these are just some of the parts, some not pictured)

Then you get her up on jackstands.

To start off, I removed the cruise control...i don't ever use it anyways.
*Before

*After

Here's the turbo setup, free of oil drain line, IC piping, downpipe

Another look at the custom 2.5" downpipe --> 3" all the way back, the stock 2" greddy dp is a joke..

a few days later...

here you see the integra c & r radiator AND turbo assembly...

...and here you don't...

the lil snail managed to crawl out

the pieces that are ready to be sandblasted so i can apply a fresh layer of black paint (dp, manifold, elbow, heatshield, and IC pipe)... ALSO a wiseco piston set made an appearance!

low compression, and coated skirted... yum.

school and work keeps me real busy and takes alot of time out of my project, but it is slow and sure...and more will come...

JDMFantasy2k 02-22-2006 10:13 PM

you gonna use the same turbo :confused:

thermal 02-22-2006 10:15 PM

Dude, this should be on the turbo forum. I feel lonely there..... I'll let Pat decide.....

Anyway, while at it, you should sleeve that block and get a bigger turbo :)

sohc_vtec 2NR 02-22-2006 10:20 PM

its fine with me if its in the turbo section...i'd keep you company thermal, you are my initial inspiration after all! wow, that was like 2 years ago.

jdmfantasy... well for now i will be using the same turbo...i'd like to max out the potential of the greddy turbo. i already spent enough dinero on buyin' the internal pieces.... and plus it would be nice to "step" the upgrades... stock --> low boost --> hi-boost, same turbo --> hi-boost, t3/t4? disc potato? (i have a year to decide which turbo i'll end up with, not limited to the two i mentioned..)

thermal 02-22-2006 10:51 PM

either way bro, upgrading the internals will allow you to expand your power goal. We are building one right now as well. We are actually using an FMAX kit (he already had). But FMAX came with T3T04. I will be opening up his DP to 3 inch and planning on AEM EMS. Check PM pare....

pdiggitydogg 02-23-2006 08:37 AM

Agh geez....how the hell do I move this thing now? Do I have to select all the little boxes or just the first one? Crazy vb3.......

Oh...and sweeeet!
I'll read more afterclass

KwikR6 02-23-2006 01:13 PM

Right on. Nice. The thing should be able to move a little better when all done. Congrats.

thermal 02-23-2006 08:27 PM

Done bro :)

Top right corner under "thread tools"

blackb16ninty7 03-02-2006 11:49 PM

thats lookin pretty nice great job!