HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Others (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Power Squeeze (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23)

RR2000 08-21-2001 09:06 PM

Power Squeeze

Just curious to what suggestions people might have to help me unleash a little more horsepower out of my S2000. I am interested in some modifications and trying to stay a little faster than the rest!!!!

Redline 08-27-2001 10:04 PM

S2000

Well as you probably already know, the S2000 is an incredible car that is beautifully put together. One thing however that you can change is the exhaust. One brand I would suugest is the Mugen Exhaust which is much lighter than the stock exhaust (28 lbs. less) and will help the engine exhale better.

MrCLoWnY 09-03-2001 05:17 AM

I READ ARTICLES ABOUT THIS COMPTECH SUPERCHARGED S2000. IT SUPPOSEDLY GAVE THE CAR 100 MORE HORSES BUT ONLY BETTERED THE QUARTER MILE TIME BY .5 SECONDS. wHATS UP WITH THAT? ALSO AN S2000 MODDED BY KING MOTORSPORTS WITH MUGEN PARTS ONLY GAVE THE CAR AROUND 18 HP. BUT THE MODS COSTED THEM AN ARM AND A LEG. THE BEST LOOKIN S2000 MOTOR I SAW WAS ONE WITH A TURBO IN IT. GOSH IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

Big James 09-03-2001 08:59 AM

A lot of people are against it, but I say nitrous. I have a friend with an S2000 and a ZEX kit. He is running the 75shot, and his car feels ungodly fast with it.

Racing Rice 09-10-2001 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrCLoWnY
I READ ARTICLES ABOUT THIS COMPTECH SUPERCHARGED S2000. IT SUPPOSEDLY GAVE THE CAR 100 MORE HORSES BUT ONLY BETTERED THE QUARTER MILE TIME BY .5 SECONDS. wHATS UP WITH THAT? ...

I hope it was do to tire spin. The supercharger gave it a far amount of torque too.

I would definately be looking into an exhaust. Then some sort of FI if you want some real gains..

NaztRadamus01 09-23-2001 05:09 PM

Nuespeed makes exhaust and save up your money for the veilside millenuim kit :eek:

BlackDeuceCoupe 09-23-2001 05:25 PM

Re: Power Squeeze

Quote:

Originally posted by RR2000
Just curious to what suggestions people might have to help me unleash a little more horsepower out of my S2000. I am interested in some modifications and trying to stay a little faster than the rest!!!!
Sorry, bro, but there isn't much needed with a S2000. They are fast from the factory. They don't need an engine swap. They don't need nitrous. They don't need boost.

However, if you want to kick it in the balls, I would suggest a bigger throttle body, ECU upgrade, and an aftermarket clutch and flywheel. If you want it to SOUND different, go with something like a HKS Hiper exhaust. Other than that, I'd leave it alone.

And, remember, if you do any of this stuff [except the exhaust], it'll void your warranty. Generally speaking, you can change anything before the throttle body and after the cat without affecting your warranty. If you do anything else, you'll be on your own...

MrCLoWnY 09-23-2001 10:26 PM

Re: Re: Power Squeeze

Quote:

Originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe

And, remember, if you do any of this stuff [except the exhaust], it'll void your warranty. Generally speaking, you can change anything before the throttle body and after the cat without affecting your warranty. If you do anything else, you'll be on your own...

I think there is a big misconception about your warranty if you modify your car. It is true that in a perfect world if you modify your car those changes can void your warranty. But the reality is this. All the Honda dealers are privately owned by a person or a group or the mobsters or whoevers. This is how a warranty works. THe dealers will fix your car and gets paid by HONDA. THe dealers has no reason to turn down any warranties because they they will actually make a profit off your warranty. SO what Im tryin to say is that, modify the shit out of your car and when something breaks thats covered under your warranty don't be shy or afraid. Don't even hesitate, get your ass in your car and go to the HOnda dealer and DEMAND that they fix it. NEver ask. Demand. Most likely they will be more than happy to take your car to the back and make it new again. I mean its business. And know that the mechanics working there are regular people just like you and me. If you worked there getting paid per jobs on how many hours it says on the manual, when you can do it in half the time tell your manager that the car is modified?? and do you think that manager would really care??? HELL NO. cuz ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

2000Pimpinex 10-05-2001 08:33 PM

MrClowny-you have a good point. Unless the person is a huge butthead, they won't really care as long as you have some green or plastic.