HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What to do to my wife's Accord? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1543)

Jngrbrdman 12-02-2001 07:06 PM

What to do to my wife's Accord?

what kind of mods would you do to a 99 Accord LX sedan? I don't want the whole body kit thing and everything. I just want some good practical mods. Like strut tower braces or intakes or something like that. What should I start with? It is entirely stock except for the stereo and since I'm not the one that drives it all the time I was thinking of just throwing on the strut tower bar and short ram intake and calling it good. Any other easy mod ideas?

94_AcCoRd_EX 12-02-2001 07:27 PM

Well, I don't think I'd bother with a short ram intake, get a cold air intake to make it worthwhile, I'd get an AEM.

Next, the strut tower brace will help a little, but if you want cornering performance, get some new springs and struts.

If she doesn't mind a louder car, I wouldn't stop w/ an intake, I'd get exhaust and headers too.

What is the goal with the car? Speed? Cornering?

Accord Man 12-02-2001 08:21 PM

She's letting you mod her car??

:) ;)

94_AcCoRd_EX 12-02-2001 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Accord Man
She's letting you mod her car??

:) ;)

Lol, yeah, he's a pretty lucky guy ;)

Jngrbrdman 12-03-2001 08:46 AM

Actually, speed and cornering are my goals. I don't think she is going let me do springs but the rest sounds good. Does an exhaust look funny on the Accords? I've never seen one done up so I am sort of intrested. My experience has been in Civics and Integras so the Accord is an interesting challange. You don't see many where I'm from.

And, yes. I am a very lucky guy! ;)

94_AcCoRd_EX 12-03-2001 12:18 PM

Ok, so first you said you want speed. Are you looking to spend lots ($2k+) or less than that? If you are willing to spend lots of money, I'd go with a turbo, but that's not in everyone's price range. More reasonably, I would definitely get the intake, exhaust, and headers. Some exhausts look a little big, but not too bad. Many Accords have exhuast done. The car will feel a little better after those mods, but nothing close to a turbo.

For cornering, if that's your goal, you're not going to achieve it w/o swapping springs and struts. You can add bars, etc. but you need the stiffer springs in there to really make a difference.

Accord Man 12-03-2001 03:25 PM

Without changing the sptrings/shocks you wont be able to achieve much in the handling department..

:o

Jngrbrdman 12-03-2001 05:43 PM

Hmmmm.... I don't even have a turbo on MY car. I sure as hell ain't throwin one on hers. ;) I'll have a look see on ebay and see what I can find. Thanks guys.

94_AcCoRd_EX 12-03-2001 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
Hmmmm.... I don't even have a turbo on MY car. I sure as hell ain't throwin one on hers.

Lol, I understand that! Good luck in your quest for parts... and be careful w/ cheap e-bay stuff.

93chromeacc 12-04-2001 09:54 AM

Throw a stick shift Prelude engine in that thang...just an idea!?