HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I hope this goes here (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26454)

AkimboStylee 05-14-2006 12:00 PM

I hope this goes here

Okay, I entered the realm of boost 3 months ago, and next month I will Unveil the car to you guys( parents took the camera with them, and will be back next month)

a couple questions:
vafc hack, is it worth using just so the car will get me back and forth to work until i can afford better tuning and management devices

what should i be worried about with the vafc hack

and besides egt, afr, and boost, do i need any other gauges?

ebpda9 05-14-2006 03:06 PM

i heard that the vafc hack is good enough., don't forget the vtec gauge :D

thermal 05-14-2006 11:36 PM

I had luck with it on a D16. For some reason, I couldnt tune it right with B-series. Do not get an AFR gague unless it is a wideband, but if you get a wideband, might as well NOT get an EGT.

A better tuning management is Crome or Uberdata. But you have to be OBD1. If you want to know more about AFC "hack", look at the Step by Step forum on my write up.

Goodluck

AkimboStylee 05-15-2006 01:41 AM

yeah i read that, great step by step.

JDMFantasy2k 05-15-2006 07:31 AM

i swear by crome, it's an amazingly powerful program, and it's free, which makes it the most cost effective solution IMO. Like arnel i too ran the hack on my D to get it going. It ran pretty good except i had to deal with a CEL because i was OBD2 and the boost was triggering the barometric pressure code (which is through the map sensor; it's unavoidable on OBD2 far as i know).

Just remember how the hack works, you're manipulating MAP sensor voltage to the ECU which tricks it into adding or subtracting fuel, and in return it changes your ignition timing. The more you take out the more timing you run. Which is why it feels like a raped ape up to, and which is why people blow motors with it

-.NsaNiTi.- 05-16-2006 01:21 AM

let me know what you end up going with.. i have vafc hack, but I need to get rid of the CEL problem, unless I end up not having to e-check. Ive been leaning towards chrome, Ive heard only good things.

JDMFantasy2k 05-16-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -.NsaNiTi.-
let me know what you end up going with.. i have vafc hack, but I need to get rid of the CEL problem, unless I end up not having to e-check. Ive been leaning towards chrome, Ive heard only good things.

what OBD are you?

thermal 05-19-2006 09:46 PM

OBD 2 will toss a Code 13.

Sivik 05-20-2006 08:44 PM

i run the hack as well... but if I were to do it again i'd go with uberdata or something similar. AFC Hack is really only good up to about 10 psi, with the other setups you can run 13-15 psi if its tuned right. much better to go with the right way the first time.