HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Anyone else having money problems? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161)

2000Pimpinex 09-05-2001 10:50 PM

Anyone else having money problems?

I work full time at Delta Airlines as a dispatcher and go to college full time. I am paying on a 2000 Civic ex. and a 99 Kawasaki Ninja. Added to that insurance on both, life insurance, credit card debt (that I am trying diligently to get rid of) I don't seem to have much to mod my car right now. Then it seems that whatever money I do get, my fiance has plans for it. Anyone else in that boat.

2ndGenTeg 09-06-2001 01:00 AM

Check this out: I have 2 rather large expenses in the very near future.

1. I wrecked my car. Sad, I know. The entire front end needs to be replaced. $3000, $1000 deductible. But wait: There is some good news. The insurance company is going to send me a check. Cost of new hood + refinishing + OEM headlight and foglights assemblies= $919. Cost of Fiber Images Carbon Fiber hood + JDM headlights = $775. So I'm getting my JDM headlights and CF hood and saving $150.

2. My girlfriend (in the sig) has her birthday next week.
Hotel Suite- $359
Diamond Pendant- $228
Expected Dinner Bill- $150
Flowers- $75
Alcohol for Party at Hotel- $200
Birthday she'll never forget- priceless

So yeah, not only am I broke, but a lot of my recently paid off credit card debt is about to be renewed. Just hafta get it paid off again by Christmas.

MrCLoWnY 09-06-2001 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
Check this out: I have 2 rather large expenses in the very near future.

1. I wrecked my car. Sad, I know. The entire front end needs to be replaced. $3000, $1000 deductible. But wait: There is some good news. The insurance company is going to send me a check. Cost of new hood + refinishing + OEM headlight and foglights assemblies= $919. Cost of Fiber Images Carbon Fiber hood + JDM headlights = $775. So I'm getting my JDM headlights and CF hood and saving $150.

2. My girlfriend (in the sig) has her birthday next week.
Hotel Suite- $359
Diamond Pendant- $228
Expected Dinner Bill- $150
Flowers- $75
Alcohol for Party at Hotel- $200
Birthday she'll never forget- priceless

dAMN SOUNDS LIKE A COMMERCIAL TO ME. HAHAHAH.

about your accident. I was recently in a little altercation by hittin a tire on the freeway. But check this i had $500 deducitble on my insurance. I found this body shop who took off my moldings for free and fixed my car and some other stuff and i didin't even had to pay for the deductible. hahha he was cool.

So yeah, not only am I broke, but a lot of my recently paid off credit card debt is about to be renewed. Just hafta get it paid off again by Christmas.

thermal 09-06-2001 09:24 PM

yeah man, you're not the only one. my wife and i combine makes $80k annualy. for some reason, i'm feel very broke. as i mention on my other post, i have no mortgage, one stepson (fully supported by the real dad), 2 car payments, insurance, a loan....... yet, i'm still broke!

on a different note: 2000pimpinex, do u happen to know the average salary of those aircraft mechanic make? i do a similar job in the NAVY, but for ships. just wondering, in case i get out. peace

2000Pimpinex 09-06-2001 09:51 PM

I don't know off the top of my head but starting mechanics for Delta makes more than gate agents. Plus they are supposed to be getting a huge raise soon or they might strike like the pilots did.

HondaBrain 09-06-2001 10:18 PM

Same boat!

MrCLoWnY 09-07-2001 05:07 AM

WTF Happened to my last reply. Shoot! i forgot what i said but it was long i remembered. NEways im a retired Street pharmacist. FULL STUDENT NOW AND IS STAYING THE WHOLE CLASS NOW. REALLy IAM. hehehee

Accord Man 09-07-2001 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrCLoWnY
NEways im a retired Street pharmacist.

LoL, never heard that one before..

--------------------------------------

Yup money is tight. Modding a car is an expensive hobby.. But you gotta love it!

:cool:

2000Pimpinex 09-07-2001 03:07 PM

I love modding her and it is a slow process but well worth it in my book. Someday, she will be were I want but then I will find something else to do to her. Modding a car is a never ending process.

Addict 09-07-2001 04:28 PM

I'm with you all. This damn car is an expensive hobby. Maybe I'll become a "STREET PHARMACIST"....;)

j/k

2000Pimpinex 09-07-2001 04:37 PM

You can take over were MrClowny left off. He just retired from the business.

MrCLoWnY 09-07-2001 11:11 PM

HAhaha. :D

thermal 09-08-2001 03:16 AM

cLOwNy is NOT retired. he just rename his job title to Godfather. movin' up.........layin low......mafia style:D

MrCLoWnY 09-08-2001 06:23 AM

hahahaaha I liKE that. Yeah, Imagine that. Me a MOBster. MRCLOWNONE. GOdFathER style. :D

Addict 09-08-2001 07:52 AM

Quote:

hahahaaha I liKE that. Yeah, Imagine that. Me a MOBster. MRCLOWNONE. GOdFathER style. :D

That would scare the hell outta me.:eek:

Crazy.....

2000Pimpinex 09-08-2001 01:58 PM

A mobster rollin around in a turboed civic. How sweet.

MrCLoWnY 09-08-2001 08:28 PM

:p

Racing Rice 09-09-2001 06:48 PM

Re: Anyone else having money problems?

Quote:

Originally posted by 2000Pimpinex
I work full time at Delta Airlines as a dispatcher and go to college full time. I am paying on a 2000 Civic ex. and a 99 Kawasaki Ninja. Added to that insurance on both, life insurance, credit card debt (that I am trying diligently to get rid of) I don't seem to have much to mod my car right now. Then it seems that whatever money I do get, my fiance has plans for it. Anyone else in that boat.

I know how you feel.. Ever since I bought my house.. It seems like it just disappears and I cant buy anything I want anymore.. It truely sucks. Plus my girlfriends wanting to get married someday.. Plus Im thinking about getting engaged.. Im wanting to get a bike.. I want to put a turbo on the civic.. I just seems like everything I want to do I cant anymore.

MrCLoWnY 09-09-2001 06:56 PM

Re: Re: Anyone else having money problems?

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice

I know how you feel.. Ever since I bought my house.. It seems like it just disappears and I cant buy anything I want anymore.. It truely sucks. Plus my girlfriends wanting to get married someday.. Plus Im thinking about getting engaged.. Im wanting to get a bike.. I want to put a turbo on the civic.. I just seems like everything I want to do I cant anymore.

U GUYS WANNA JOIN MY FAMILY???? hehehe

Racing Rice 09-09-2001 07:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Anyone else having money problems?

Quote:

U GUYS WANNA JOIN MY FAMILY???? hehehe

You gonna give me money?? :D

2000Pimpinex 09-09-2001 08:43 PM

Trust me, as soon as you get engaged or married then kiss your extra money goodby.

Racing Rice 09-09-2001 08:45 PM

Quote:

Trust me, as soon as you get engaged or married then kiss your extra money goodby.

I know.. I think thats part of the reason I keep coming up with excuses.. we've been dating for almost 4 years.. she lives with me know.. so Im not far from it.. but man.. I just cant make myself do it..

2000Pimpinex 09-09-2001 09:09 PM

I think its just better to go ahead and get engaged. At least you won't have to hear her complain about it. You know, if your going to eventually.

Racing Rice 09-11-2001 12:32 PM

Quote:

I think its just better to go ahead and get engaged. At least you won't have to hear her complain about it. You know, if your going to eventually.

Your right, but I dont want to spend the money on a ring, and Im not one of these people that can buy a little ring and be happy with it..I want to get her at least a 1/2K..

2000Pimpinex 09-11-2001 09:36 PM

I bought mine a full karat. It cost a fortune but shes worth it, or at least I hope so. She don't know it yet but my wedding band is going to cost her some money. I don't want the normal band that everyone gets.

Addict 09-11-2001 09:48 PM

Quote:

I bought mine a full karat. It cost a fortune but shes worth it, or at least I hope so. She don't know it yet but my wedding band is going to cost her some money. I don't want the normal band that everyone gets.

Heh....Paybacks...... j/k

HondaZigen 09-16-2001 11:57 PM

Last week I owed my parents $1600 for all my rims and stuff. Now I got paid and got some insurance money so i am $1000 in the clear. So much better than having to give my parents all my money.

MrCLoWnY 09-17-2001 02:51 AM

Damn I WISH My PareNTs WOuLd LeNd mE mOney.

2000Pimpinex 09-17-2001 07:30 AM

No doubt. If I could borrow 1600, I would buy the greddy turbo. Couldn't buy anything else for it till next month but at least I'd have the turbo.