HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Killed a neon fruit (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6209)

mt.biker 10-26-2002 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 4thGenlude
biker... hate to tell ya, honda trannys latly have sucked big time. its hondas biggest problem next to CV joints.

other then the 5sp problem I'm not aware of any other issues, my tranny works GREAT!

ShEaNy 10-26-2002 07:28 PM

plus there speed in low rpm has sucked too..lol me personally have nothing agianst neons...theres a sweet one N/A with hella lot of horse...:eek: www.extremecompacts.com

ShEaNy 10-26-2002 07:29 PM

lol i just realized i said speed....acceleration is what i meant.... whateve...u know what i mean...:pukey :ricer:

ChrisCantSkate 10-26-2002 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mt.biker
other then the 5sp problem I'm not aware of any other issues, my tranny works GREAT!

the 97+ prelude SS tranny is horrible, my friend has a 96 lx auto, and he's having trouble(never nutral drops it or shifts through gears and dosnt even race it, another friend has a 96ex 5spd, and 3rd gear took a crap, i know alot of 5spd owners whos syncros suck. i imagine they spent a tad bit more time on higher end acruas, but entry lvl honda trannys arnt what they should be

Mike98Neon 10-26-2002 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mt.biker
If you want to call me names, this is what i think of you and your neon.

Would you mind showing me where exactly I called you names?

AzCivic 10-26-2002 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mike98Neon
And this came from the cracker jack box you opened for breakfast this morning? Lower rates how? Where are you getting your information? I'd like to know. If you say Consumer Reports you're not as "in the know" as you'd like to think you are. GM owns a good chunk of Motor Trend and Consumer Reports, so anything negative they have to say about any automaker is a crock. Period. You know that 9 second neon that Len Ayala is racing with? It has a STOCK Neon automatic 3 speed transmission with an aftermarket high stall torque converter. Next?

Do you know this person? Were you there when they installed it? Then how do you know its stock? Cause some magazine says it is?

Addict 10-27-2002 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 4thGenlude
biker... hate to tell ya, honda trannys latly have sucked big time. its hondas biggest problem next to CV joints.

Agreed. The B series tranny suck. Third gear seems to just 'disappear' on them. They have a recall on 99-00 Si's because of a 3rd & 5th gear issue. Fortunately i got mine fixed in time.:yes:

Rob 10-27-2002 12:54 AM

Is it just me or is anyone else curious why this thread is still 'alive'?? :confused: :crazy:

Mike98Neon 10-27-2002 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AzCivic
Do you know this person? Were you there when they installed it? Then how do you know its stock? Cause some magazine says it is?

Yes as a matter of fact I do know this individual. :yes: :pfft:

Addict 10-27-2002 02:20 AM

----CLOSED---------
Well this thread was good. Unfortunately its lost its luster....
-----CLOSED-------