HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Camaro's think they're cool... (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7577)

toykilla 09-25-2002 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by delsolvtec
oh great, another american car owning muscle head. You drive a Z28? Does your last name end in a vowel?

Buttafuco, Gambini, Dibiasi, etc....???

Why must the V8 guys always rip the imports? Jealousy I guess. You don't hear us sitting here all day bashing V8's. Do you? If you don't have anything positive to add to a conversation please refrain from posting.

Also I got 500$ that says my "Import" can wipe the LT right off of your 5.7

I'll take that bet...bring your import and ill bring a Camaro...Just remember the $500...

delsolvtec 09-25-2002 01:08 AM

if you are running a stock camaro with basic bolt on mods it's on. I have put a few of those in their place already, and that was before I turned my boost up to 10psi. Now if you are running forced induction on a V8 then that's another story.

Oh, and street tires only bud, I don't do slicks.

ChrisCantSkate 09-25-2002 01:11 AM

guys! for real. quit this crap.. stay on topic. i dont wana lock this. delsol.. v8guys... dont start this here... if your gonig to do it make a thread called "v8 vs import flame" in off topic and let it go wild.

delsolvtec 09-25-2002 01:13 AM

we need a smack talk forum...

No flaming going on here, just plain old race talk.

guest 09-25-2002 01:22 AM

... Holds back.... ehehe ... 2 funny... I won't comment on the li'l del sol =D
Anyhoo V6 Camaro shouldn't even be called "camaros" =/ I'm sure a lot of people would agree with that... Good kill, way to show the 3436lb ~160 hp Camaro who's boss =D

delsolvtec 09-25-2002 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by guest
... Holds back.... ehehe ... 2 funny... I won't comment on the li'l del sol =D
Anyhoo V6 Camaro shouldn't even be called "camaros" =/ I'm sure a lot of people would agree with that... Good kill, way to show the 3436lb ~160 hp Camaro who's boss =D

Don't even start with me on my car again...

delsolvtec 09-25-2002 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 4thGenlude
guys! for real. quit this crap.. stay on topic. i dont wana lock this. delsol.. v8guys... dont start this here... if your gonig to do it make a thread called "v8 vs import flame" in off topic and let it go wild.

http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...&threadid=7595

guest 09-25-2002 01:36 AM

If your car was a domestic it would look like this...

delsolvtec 09-25-2002 02:21 AM

It's no wonder you V8heads come here to see dope cars.

guest 09-25-2002 02:23 AM

Exactly so stop trying to rice out your car because you know deep down you want a muscly american car =)

delsolvtec 09-25-2002 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by guest
Exactly so stop trying to rice out your car because you know deep down you want a muscly american car =)

see pic above for a fine example of an american car owner trying to go rice...

Rob 09-25-2002 02:35 AM

hey "guest" ...you're pretty quick to jump all over this forum and talk sh*t yet you can't even identify yourself....also looks like you visit a Stang forum...what's the matter? Couldn't hold your interest so you had to come here??? Or are you a "closet ricer"?? :D

guest 09-25-2002 02:43 AM

OK i Think you failing to see the point im trying to make:

Mustang = Made to look completly stupid, probably no real internal mods at all! (unless u count stickers).
Your car = Looks actually fine(just not my cup of tea but theyre alot worse looking ones out there), and modded like madd to go faster.
--Opposite types of cars

Import Del Sol = Mini putt putt car unless u throw 12-13+K at it, ecomonmy oriented, front wheel drive
Domestic = 13's bone stock @ 7-9K performance oriented, rear wheel drive.
-- Opposite types of cars.

Your car "logically" isn't worth it if your goal is to go fast, but I think you want the rice factor. Long term you should have got a V8 and pushed your car into the 11's dont you think? Rice is the wanting to make your car look faster and throwing a fartpipe on the back, import racing is now generalized as wanting to push a 4 banger frontwheel drive (ya stereo typical import car =p) to try and catch up to mostly stock F-Bodys and Stangs... Drag Racing is doing it right with a real car with a real engine, and not having to spend 12 grand just to get your car to 13-14 seconds. :rolleyes: You can get a Turbo Supra for a sick amount of cash, or buy a Camaro, throw in some BASIC mods and ride just as fast... It just not logic buying a 4 banger to do the same thing man!!:crazy:

guest 09-25-2002 02:44 AM

Quote:

hey "guest" ...you're pretty quick to jump all over this forum and talk sh*t yet you can't even identify yourself....also looks like you visit a Stang forum...what's the matter? Couldn't hold your interest so you had to come here??? Or are you a "closet ricer"??

To be honest I got bored haha =)

Rob 09-25-2002 02:56 AM

o.k....at least you admit you got bored....and I can see your point...to be honest with you before I bought my Accord, I was looking at a Mustang Bullitt..almost bought it too...but I went with an import for two reasons....one, the realiabilty, I drive alot and put alot of mileage on the cars that I drive...Ive had alot of bad experiences with American cars so I chose to drive an import...
two, I live in a small town in Mississippi and every other car on the road is a Mustang....my car, in case you haven't checked it out,is unique...definitely stands out...yes, there are alot of Hondas on the street but there are two ways to fix up a Honda....do what everyone does, put on a 3 inch pipe and some Altezzas and call it done...or you can look at all the time and effort that a majority of the people on this board have put into their cars...especially delsolvtec...personally, I don't like delsols but that's probably the best one that I've seen around yet....

In addition to that, yeah, you can buy a "muscle" car that already has all of the power and torque that it does...but anybody can do that...not everybody has the know-how and/or the ambition to buy a car that wasn't intended to be fast and then do what they can to make it as fast as possible...

Racing Rice 09-25-2002 07:22 AM

Ok STOP RIGHT HERE!!!

Unless you are posting about a girl that beat a V6 Camaro dont post in this thread anymore!

Go Here and post all you want. http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...&threadid=7595

juvenile 09-25-2002 12:14 PM

wow that chic that beat that Camaro...wow!
wanna "Race" my "stick" "car" ;) :D

GirlRacer 09-25-2002 12:37 PM

:rolleyes: Ok, what was all that mustang stuff about? & hey Juvenile, what kinda car you have? I'll race anything that's my size... hmm.... ;)

Racing Rice 09-25-2002 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GirlRacer
:rolleyes: Ok, what was all that mustang stuff about? & hey Juvenile, what kinda car you have? I'll race anything that's my size... hmm.... ;)

Youd win.. Hes a rookie "stick" driver.. ;) :D

juvenile 09-25-2002 03:24 PM

Hey, like I said...I already killed a civic! :yes:
But she has some mods...sooooo I dunno
Mine's a 6 "cylinder" car ;)
how big's your "exhaust" and your "altezzas" ;)
lol

GirlRacer 09-25-2002 05:18 PM

A rookie stick driver? How funny, I've been drivin a stick since I was 14! I wouldn't drive anything else. You're more in control w/a standard :bow:

V8killimports 09-25-2002 05:35 PM

Quote:

A rookie stick driver? How funny, I've been drivin a stick since I was 14! I wouldn't drive anything else. You're more in control w/a standard :bow:

Are we still talking about cars? Or someting else? ;)

GirlRacer 09-25-2002 05:38 PM

ahaha...Umm.... :D cars...mainly :cool:

Rob 09-25-2002 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice
Ok STOP RIGHT HERE!!!

Unless you are posting about a girl that beat a V6 Camaro dont post in this thread anymore!

uhhhhh....sorry, I apologize ;( guess I got carrried away...anyway, GirlRacer, nice kill....

GirlRacer 09-25-2002 07:27 PM

:D it's all good. see how I threw 'mainly' in there? :eek: ;)

Rob 09-25-2002 07:33 PM

Quote:

Thanks! 'mainly', huh? lol...what else could you possibly be referring to?? :eek:

GirlRacer 09-25-2002 07:35 PM

:D Ok, sorry, that was retarded. My comp. locked up in the middle of posts, what I meant was, its all good, we all get carried away at times, but glad we're back on track :yes:

Um...yea

haha

Racing Rice 09-25-2002 07:37 PM

Geesh this topic gets derailed more then a run away Amtrak.:eek:

You know, I think people that can drive manual cars are better drivers then people that dont. Just kinda what Ive seen, maybe its just my imagination.:crazy:

GirlRacer 09-25-2002 07:39 PM

:yes: O no, I agree w/you 100%.

by the way, (& not meaning to derail) what's with the babysitter's club thing?

juvenile 09-25-2002 08:05 PM

Quote:

ya see what she did there...ya see
lol
but yeah...I would love to run but you're ummmm a bit far away.
unless you come here lol :yes: :D :crazy:

Racing Rice 09-25-2002 08:20 PM

Quote:

what's with the babysitter's club thing?

Ill send you a pm explaining it.;)

GirlRacer 09-25-2002 08:21 PM

:) okie doke

juvenile 09-25-2002 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice

Ill send you a pm explaining it.;)

I wanna know too! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Racing Rice 09-25-2002 08:27 PM

Aww.. sh!t look what you started now..

Rob 09-25-2002 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by juvenile

I wanna know too! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

so do I!!! or is it for the privileged only? :paranoid:

Racing Rice 09-25-2002 08:27 PM

Lets play a game.. Send me a pm,about what you think it means.. and Ill tell you if you are close.;)

GirlRacer 09-25-2002 09:31 PM

Oooo, I'm sorry Rice, my bad, just cc the PM to people :yes:

GirlRacer 09-25-2002 09:36 PM

:bandit: Then again, it'd be fun if I was privileged....considering I'm very new here.... haha
Just kidding guys!
I know I'm no better than any of you! No hate messages K?
hehe ;)

Accord Man 09-25-2002 09:50 PM

Good job RR.. Looks to me like you're piloting that Amtrak..

;) :D

Racing Rice 09-25-2002 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Accord Man
Good job RR.. Looks to me like you're piloting that Amtrak..

;) :D

*Shrugs*

:D What can I say..:o