PDA

View Full Version : Cel....

Addict
12-04-2002, 07:55 AM
Well everything had been going fine till this morning.

I pull up on the exit ramp and I notice my CEL turns on. Well I shut the radio off, kill the heater and put it in neutral(all this so I can hear it). Well my RPMs are pegged at 1500. Its constant, not fluctuatiing. Other than that, no horrible noises. So I began to take off. Everything seems ok til I let off the gas & shift to second. As soon as I let off the gas the RPMs fall like a rock. The car doesn't stall or sputter. It drops to 1500 with each shift. But its so quick it jerks the car.

Any thoughts? I'm going to check it out again at lunch and see if it does it again. Hopefully when I get home I'll hookup my laptop and see what code it throws.

Addict
12-04-2002, 09:09 AM
BTW, here's my mods.....
AEM CAI w/BPV
MSD 6AL Ignition
MSD Blaster 3 Coil
NGK Plug Wires
MSD Dist. Cap
Misc. Suspension Mods
Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-Back Exhaust (it was inexpensive and looks better than stock)

ebpda9
12-04-2002, 09:58 AM
where did u get the cable and software ? i need one for obd1. i could get the codes when i'm home.

Addict
12-04-2002, 10:53 AM
Ok. Took it out for an 18 mile run. Idle is at 1300RPM. The RPMs aren't dropping as fast as they were, but the CEL is still there.

Originally posted by hondaman-iac
where did u get the cable and software ? i need one for obd1. i could get the codes when i'm home.
Actually its an ongoing project for me. I'm working the software. The cable is already designed. Just need to get the parts.

You can get an OBDII version, but I don't know where to get an OBDI version. www.obd-ii.com i believe

Addict
12-04-2002, 05:57 PM
P0505 Idle Control System Malfunction

Dunno exactly what it means. I cleared the code. We'll see if it pops up again. Seemed to idle ok so far.

ebpda9
12-04-2002, 10:20 PM
might be the idle control valve, or the IAT sensor

Addict
01-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Just an update....

It was the idle air control valve. Would've cost me $290 to replace if I didn't have the Honda warranty.