PDA

View Full Version : Help: Blazing Windscreen Washer Lights

Tekun
11-24-2002, 08:25 PM
Hi all! I am new to car modifications and I just bought a pair of Blazing Windscreen Washer lights for $15. I own a Honda Civic Lx 2002, 4 doors.

The Windscreen Washer lights beam blue lights at night and it is very cool. I know that I have to remove my old windscreen washers and put up new ones. However, I don't know how to connect the wires. What should I do?

From the instructions, it says the following:

- Remove the original washers
- Choose a properly pad according to the hold of hood
- Install Blazing windscreen washer
- Connect red wire to anod wire of corner light and black wire to ground wire
- Use needle to adjust the spout angle

Can someone help me, please?

Tekun

94_AcCoRd_EX
11-24-2002, 08:34 PM
You could wire the LEDs into the parking lights if you want to. If you'd like a separate switch, you could wire it with a relay.

Tekun
11-24-2002, 08:51 PM
Hi,

My problem is that I don't know much about electronics on my car. But, I am willing to learn.

How do I locate the parking wires in my car? Once I found those wires, I am sure that the are connected together and I will need to cut the off so that I could connect my Windscreen Washer wires to those. Is it like connecting home appliances wires?

Sorry for my igorance, but I read my Honda Driver manual and it does not say anywhere. Where can I get more information?

Thanks!

ebpda9
11-24-2002, 09:04 PM
i had them wired to my headlight relay, but i don't know where that is at on your civic. on mine it is on the right innerfender

jonhenry15
11-24-2002, 09:56 PM
I have mine wired to a switch on my dash. Let me know if you're interested in doing that and I'll help you. That way you can turn them off if cops are around...

Tekun
11-25-2002, 09:35 AM
Hi jonhenry15,

Sure, I would like to know how to do this. It would be cool. But, first thing is to find out where my wires are located. Anyone has a clue? Or, where I can buy a more detailed manufacturer instrunctions manual of my Honda Civic Lx 2002?

thanks!

hondafetish
12-10-2002, 02:37 AM
The easist thing would be to locate the wiring attached to the parking-lamp bulb on the back of your headlight assembly. In a 2002 model, you may need to remove a front wheel and pull back the fender liner. Get a curcuit tester, and attach the lead to a grounding point on the car. Use the tester to find the wire that has power when you turn on your parking lamps. As soon as you find that, use a wire crimp to connect the two. As for the negative wire, I attached it to one of the bolts in the engine bay, as they are normally good grounding points since they run right into the chassis.

blind34_1
12-10-2002, 01:30 PM
one of the easiest ways is to just tap into your cig lighter. this puts a 12v line right close to where you should have a switch. The other ways work too, but if you dont know much, this is probably easyist. if jonhenry hasnt already helped you, PM me and i'll get you set up.