PDA

View Full Version : OIL light flashing

ebpda9
11-24-2002, 07:55 PM
i was on my way to work today, and as usual the oil light comes on at idle, and shuts off after i step on the gas and get thecar moving. Well it didn't happen that way. after i got the car moving it started flashing. what does this sound to u ? i looked on the net everywhere and couldn't find anywhere. i think it might show me that the oil pressure sensor is gone. i'll try pulling the codes off the ecu tomorrow, and as far as i know there isn't a code for that, but if it flashes my sensor is gone. GOD help ;)

Accord Man
11-25-2002, 08:33 AM
If you checked the basics.. Oil level and connections..

Then its most likely the pump or the sensor...

But you did say it was pm and off, so my guess would ne the sensor..

ebpda9
11-25-2002, 10:21 AM
one problem: it's too cold out to go and check it out. maybe if it's gonna get warmer today. it didn't come on today at all and i drove like 30miles to skool and back.

Greasemonkey75
12-03-2002, 05:16 PM
I have seen this about a Bizillion times. The cuicuit board on the early Legends would do it, as would a loss of oil pressure. The late Legends, and Vigors with alum. oil pans had huge problems with clogging the pick up screen in the pan and losing oil pressure. I have started to see it on the Integras as well now. What you need to do is get a mech. oil gauge and hook it up where your sender is in the block(kind of a pain) but it tells you weather you have ele. issue or mech. issue. If you run the motor with it flashing and you do have a pressure issue..........find a motor.
If you have any other questions email me bro.;)