PDA

View Full Version : why is the LS looked down on???

Novtec1
11-24-2002, 11:08 AM
well today finally had time to put my zex kit on... went to the strip lot on post to pick up a few screws and other stuff. while im turning the car off 2 guys walk up to me and ask "what engine you got" i respond 1.8LTR non vtec..... one guys like "oh they aint fast he don't even got vtec"....first question out my mouth..."what do you drive ....."98 ex wit hi/e".... im like " ok so what your 1/4 time" he gives me the "i don't know but i'll beat you" i ask again "so you wanna line up" he asked what you got" i tell him THE LIST.. and i just put this in today and popped the hatch....should have seen the look on his face:eek: ...to make a long story short.....

why does a Honda/Acura have to have VTEC to not get looked down on? i've beaten my few share of gs-r and whatever else is out there but im looked on as the underdog... anyone else have this problem?

a96710
11-24-2002, 11:33 AM
I've never had anyone say that to me

Jeebs
11-24-2002, 11:41 AM
The only reason i could see the LS engines are looked down on, in my opinion, are because they arnt meant for high rpms from the factory, and this is where i feel hondas get there power. With some work done they do have awesome potential, especialy with a Vtec head...but thats a different story.

C's 94 InTeGrA
11-26-2002, 09:49 AM
Hey i have the same thing man.. everyone is like ya ur not fast cause there is no Vtec and i have showed them that dont mean crap...

Novtec1
11-26-2002, 12:10 PM
i think vtec is way overrated...... i've been up against my share of vtec cars including an REAL accord type-r .... it really suprises people when they ask ..what engine you got and you say 1.8 non vtec... but hey thats how it happens...i still love being the underdog....

Jeebs
11-26-2002, 12:18 PM
I just think Honda had an awesome idea with Vtec and why not use it if you can get your hands on it? It might be a bit overrated and sure people dont expect much from the Non vtec ones but who cares? Show em up nonvtec style :) Those LS engines kick ass all motor and are even better turbo'd. :ricer:

ShEaNy
11-26-2002, 04:13 PM
what mods do u have done?

SofaKingSmooth
11-26-2002, 04:36 PM
People dont know what they are talking about when they are just walking up and talking trash. i am sure that you all know that any car can be beat. it is all a matter of time before someone takes an "out of date" part and mods it.

2ndGenTeg
11-27-2002, 12:19 AM
VTEC has a cult ricer following. Ricers think VTEC equals fast, and no VTEC equals slow. Next time you're presented with that, point and laugh at the fool.

Novtec1
11-27-2002, 09:46 AM
well got off early from work today...my plt sgt let me go guess who i got to crush .....the same guy in the ex..... by minium 3 cars without the nos...... the guy ask me after i crushed him you were spraying.... i told him no ...i know i wasn't cause the bottle is empty.....:yes: and he wanted to go again...well lets just say..it was even worse... i beat the kid so bad he FOLLOWED me home to see if i really had a non vtec engine again vtec :bow: to the non vtec......love being the underdog.

oh ps.......... for my mods
p&p and matched head, intake manifold and tb
93 cams
xs ecu program with 8300 redline (never goes that far)
11 lb flywheel
i'h' thermal exhaust
act clutch
timing advanced 18 btdc
and thats about it.

ShEaNy
11-27-2002, 01:02 PM
ah a little N/A build up i see...nice show

a96710
11-27-2002, 01:05 PM
LOL...good kill

C's 94 InTeGrA
12-05-2002, 06:15 PM
Good job ripping him a new ass hole.. haha u should hear this... my friend who has a crx that is a pos thinks that my buddys 94 Civic Vtec with intake and exhaust can beat me in any race... but hah who knows...

2ndGenTeg
12-06-2002, 12:07 AM
Bah. All things being equal, the B18A/B is a faster motor than a B16A.

ChrisCantSkate
12-07-2002, 12:05 PM
i love the people wh think their single cam vtec is better than the b18 DUEL cam non-vtec. single cam vtec is a joke to think it helps with high rpm power like on a h22/b18c/b16 the LS engines dont rev high, get them with a capable high reving system, you'd be supprised at the numbers it could pull. and anyone making ALOT of power gets vtec killer cams.... to disable it.

PooH DiGGLianO
12-17-2002, 12:52 PM
Now we non-vtec teggers know that the compression is lower for more torque. Even if somebody with vtec got a turbo, he'd buy low compression pistons anyways. Plus the non-vtec has a stronger block. Therefore reducing the possibility of blowing the pistons. I understand that it doesn't redline as high, but you can throw cams, sprockets, retainers, valves. Then you'll modify the chip and you can redline 8500. Goes to show ya who these "posers that look down on LS" dont think enough before they talk.