PDA

View Full Version : VTEC Stock, swap a dead B17A block for a B18B Block or something.

SuMeRbOaRd
11-23-2002, 12:21 AM
Hey, I got a 93 Integra GSR. It has the B17A block DOHC VTEC. The car burnt up all the oil way faster than I have ever been used to and resulted in it overheating and locking up. Do you know anything about taking out the B17A block and sticking in something like the B18B non vtec and use my vtec head. I have seen all sorts of things about taking a non vtec stock car and turning it into vtec by adding a vtec head but nothing on using the vtec head and all but adding in a non vtec B Series block... and if this all would work which block would be the best for me because I've just had one hell of a time finding the B17A Block.

2ndGenTeg
11-27-2002, 12:14 AM
Yeah, B17A blocks are next to impossible to find. Believe me- I've tried.

Yes- you can take your B17A head and make an LS/VTEC out of it, if that's what you really want to do. I like the B17A head the best because of its combustion chamber and intake manifold.

Personally, the B17A is by far my favorite B series motor- the perfect hybrid between the Si and GSR engines in terms of rod ratio and displacement. Personally, I'd replace the B17A block. Get a B16A shortblock and swap out B17A internals.