PDA

View Full Version : Car running with the oil light on

ebpda9
11-18-2002, 01:41 PM
this happened last week, and i thought i had some screwd up oil in the car, so i changed it. this morning i was late for one of my classes and i had to push the car harder on the freeway, and when i got off the exit the oil light came on at idle. as soon as i rev the car a bit it goes off but when it gets to the idle again the light comes on. i was lucky it happened only at 1 minute away from school, so i parked it and went to class. when i came out i chaecked the oil level and it was at the same level as i filled it up last week. i went home normslly on the freeway and the light did come on. checked the oil again and it's still at the level. i take the oil cap and i have oil blown out of the crankcase. it's all good the oil pump is working, but why in hel is the light coming on ? i talked to my dad and he said it might be something on the fuel lines, or a vaccum leak that could trigger the light. what do u say about this ? i'm really out of ideas

ebpda9
11-18-2002, 08:22 PM
anyone ?

armyguy5
11-18-2002, 10:58 PM
may be a short in the pump causing the oil light to come on...may be a defect in the pump. check out your owners manual. or consult a dealer. u said u had oil blowin but it might not be enough pressure. i dunno changin the pumps a *****. um i'm out of ideas. my 91 lumina did the same thing..then the engine blew...hope that doesn't happen to u

chris

ebpda9
11-18-2002, 11:07 PM
i'm just trying to lenghten the life of the engine for 3 weeks till i make all the money for a swap.

Greasemonkey75
12-03-2002, 05:30 PM
The computer has nothing to do with the oil lamp. There will be no "codes" for loss of oil presseue, unless you have VTEC. I have answerd your other post I think. As well.