PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding a 89 Hatch

89CivilCivic
11-14-2002, 08:39 AM
I recently got a really really good deal on a 89 hatch. The problem is, the kid I got it from, took short cuts on everything they did. So I am in the process of going through and RE-doing everything the right way. So I am in search of bumper to bumper parts. Looking for good deals too. Let me know what you have and how much you want for it. Thanks

blind34_1
11-14-2002, 06:44 PM
scour your junk yards. you'll more than likely find another hatch, or a 4th gen sedan. some crx parts are interchangeable, too.

89CivilCivic
11-15-2002, 05:20 AM
Thanks, but I meant in the way of fixing up my car. It runs and all. Its just they put cheaper parts just to get the look and sound and so on. Example: They put some cheap POS muffler on it to give a RICER sound. Kinda wimpy sounding if you ask me. They used some cut coils to lower it. So I am replacing that crappy muffler with something nice, and putting some KYB GR2 struts and racing coil overs to fix what they were trying to do. That is only the beginning of the damage they did in their attempts at trying to be "Cool" :no: So when looking for parts that would be the kind of things I am looking for.

blind34_1
11-15-2002, 02:52 PM
oh oh...sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were trying to find stock parts. my bad.

Well when it comes to that, good luck. It seems that performance parts for 88-91's that arent ricey is hard to come by at a reasonable price. try autopartsperformance.com, and autodynamic.com. thats where I would start.

89CivilCivic
11-15-2002, 05:51 PM
Cool. I will look there for sure then. Thanks