PDA

View Full Version : General Question

Angelysta
11-06-2002, 03:30 PM
Hiyas,

I have a 96 5spd Acura Integra mileage is about 80k, the Maintenance Required light just came on. Of course the car isn't under warranty anymore :(.

My question is should I take this to the Honda/Acura service department and have them check it out or take it to a mom & pop shop? I have no clue why the light came on, I'm guessing it's due for some type of check up.

Thank yas,
Angelysta

C's 94 InTeGrA
11-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Hey
ok let me ask u a question.. did thye change ur oil when u bought it cause they might have not puched the button to take that off. well anyways let me explain. when u get an oil change under ur dash there is a button to update matience required light so that it lets the car know u just got ur oil changed and it will automadially let u kno again when its time for an oil change. but if had ur oil just changed its under the streering wheel just search and u will find it and i think hold it in for 5 secnds or more and in ur manual book it tells you about it and where its located

Integra_GS
11-06-2002, 05:17 PM
^Is that button on all tegs or just 3rd gen. tegs?

GSRHUNNY
11-06-2002, 08:34 PM
It's just a reminder light to do the engine maintanance/check up recommended in the owners manual. Its done by the mileage on your car. You can reset it.....turn the key to the on position (don't start the car), sit in the driver side take your right hand follow the steering column down, feel under the dash, slide your hand to the right about 2-3" (you will run into a box), slide your fingers over the front of it the button is on the left side, press it & hold it a few seconds (5 should be good).

sharkey65a
12-04-2002, 05:36 PM
hey,
personally i would say take your car to a place like autozone or somewhere that you can get a free diagnostic test. that way you can find out wich sensor set your light off. that way you can decide if you feel its serious enough to take it in or not

ShEaNy
12-04-2002, 06:06 PM
its just telling u change ur oil...maybe plugs..new air and fuel filters maybe....just regular maintainence..whatever needs done like that..its not a big problem or anything...