PDA

View Full Version : 95 Accord EX. Started Engine. died after 5 seconds. HELP ASAP!!

cats04
11-03-2002, 09:18 PM
Started car. Died 5 seconds after started. At first thought it would be timing belt. And in that case i might as well buy whole new engine because its a interference engine. I checked timing belt for slippage or break. Timing belt is good. Checked fuel pump and its pumping fuel. Cam shaft is turning. Checked a FEW computer areas and its working. Im completly at a loss for what it could be. Battery is good. This is DEFFINITLY NOT A SMALL PROBLEM. ANY IDEAS TO WHAT IT COULD BE OR ANY HELP AT ALL IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

4 Cyl VTECH Engine.

Only other info is that timing belt is 7000 miles overdue . But like i said i checked it and its fine.

Thanks for all your help all you HONDA NUTS!!!!! :).....

~Matt

ebpda9
11-03-2002, 09:23 PM
i had the same problem with my car when it was cold outside. i had the water in the gas freezing. considering that you live way up north that might be it. other than that i would check the computer for trouble codes. Also check the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel filter.

cats04
11-03-2002, 09:29 PM
Captn' Only in 20's now. not cold enough for freezing?? maybe it is?? but i dont know how to exactly check my honda's computer. I know the computer read out is on the passenger side under the carpet? i believe. Any info for things to check it helpful. Also ive been checking relays too

ebpda9
11-03-2002, 11:05 PM
here is the list of codes and how to check them:
http://www.hondata.com/techecucodes.html