PDA

View Full Version : Weird noise?!?! HELP

Grip72
10-30-2002, 01:32 PM
Ok, when i turn to the right or to the left on a normal corner up town, my front end makes a weird kinda "clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk" sound. I checked my CV joints and they seem fine, i took it to the shop and they checked it out and thought it was my stabalizer bar link joints , so i bought new link kits and put them in. But it is still making that sound and it is driving me crazzzy!!

ebpda9
10-30-2002, 01:47 PM
i still think your cv joints are bad, or there is a shock going bad. does it do that at high speed cornering ?

Addict
10-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i still think your cv joints are bad, or there is a shock going bad. does it do that at high speed cornering ?
Yep what he said.:banana:

Grip72
10-30-2002, 07:21 PM
No it doesn't do it at high speed cornering..only slow normal up-town turns...i'm so confused..
p.s. i got my old amp to work!!

94_AcCoRd_EX
10-30-2002, 08:37 PM
Moving to 'my car is broken'... :cigar:

titos
10-30-2002, 09:47 PM
I just took my civic in to the dealer for a similar noise. It was weird because my car has only 2700 miles. Anyway, it made the noise when I made a right turn in second gear. It turned out it was the manual transmission. Not sure what specific part they are going to replace though.

ebpda9
10-30-2002, 10:26 PM
Kyle how did u check the cv joints ? you know they can go bad without having the rubber part proken. to really check them out you need to have them off the car. have you checked the arm bushings ? those things rattle like hell over bupms and in turns.

ChrisCantSkate
10-31-2002, 10:30 AM
mine is starting to do that also, i'l check if its only in certain gears, but i think it does it in nutral also, i'll check the drivers boot again, thats where its coming form, but i think the boot is fine

ebpda9
10-31-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
mine is starting to do that also, i'l check if its only in certain gears, but i think it does it in nutral also, i'll check the drivers boot again, thats where its coming form, but i think the boot is fine
weren't you the one with messed up axles ? did u replace them ?as i said before you don't need a bad boot to have a messed up cv joint.

ChrisCantSkate
10-31-2002, 10:42 AM
hrm... i only replaced my right side, that was the only one with problems, i kinda use the joints hard though(lots of road handling testing :bandit:) and it wouldnt supprise me actualy if the joint was going, how can i check this without putting in a new axle?

ebpda9
10-31-2002, 10:54 AM
you gotta remove it off the car and start playing with the joint. it should be pretty smooth if it good, or rough if it's bad.

ChrisCantSkate
10-31-2002, 10:59 AM
will the tranny oil leak out in the drivers side too? i know theres the intermidiate shaft there, do i need to check that one too? damn... i got a weekend project next time i go home

ebpda9
10-31-2002, 11:06 AM
i don't think you will need to check the intermediate drive shaft. and about the oil i never seen oil leaking with a broken axle

ChrisCantSkate
10-31-2002, 11:12 AM
well... when you pull the right side out, it plugs directly into the tranny(on my car at least), so the fluid will come out if you dont drain it first, im wondering if the left will do the same.

ebpda9
10-31-2002, 11:17 AM
mine never leaked anything when i changed the axles. i mean i saw few drops of oil but not something to put a bucket under the car. BTW mine is a slowmatic

Grip72
10-31-2002, 01:12 PM
Ok well the thing that sucks is that it is so damn cold out and i dont' have a shop or large enough garage do check all this shit. I guess i'll just take my car to a mechanic and get them to take a look. Axle? that'll be expensive.. :(

blind34_1
10-31-2002, 01:21 PM
I think they mean half shaft. They really aren't all that bad. I had a cv boot take a crap on me and the joint too and we replaced the half shaft, it ran 80$ for the shaft, but doing it ourselves took three days and it SUCKED.

ebpda9
10-31-2002, 01:52 PM
whatever you call them: i know about them as axles (the part from the wheel hub to your tranny). it's a lot cheaper and less time consuming to replace the whole thing thatghange just the joint.

ebpda9
10-31-2002, 01:54 PM
this is an axle