PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on next purchase

C's 94 InTeGrA
10-28-2002, 09:34 AM
Ok i got myself the iceman cold air intake, plugs and wires now i want something that would make a huge difference on horsepower and that u can feel a difference.. i waas thinking of..
1. Throttle body
2. intake manifold
3.fuelrail/regulator/injectors
or anything anyone else can think of..

Thanks

slowEJ6
10-28-2002, 10:23 AM
#2, #3, and a TURBO setup. :yes:

2ndGenTeg
10-28-2002, 01:12 PM
None of those are going to give you a difference you can feel. If you want a noticable difference, you need a big power adder- boost/swap/nitrous.

ShEaNy
10-28-2002, 06:22 PM
ya turbo supercharger...NOS anything like that..if u want a small gain....get headers

C's 94 InTeGrA
10-28-2002, 10:59 PM
turbo i do want! very bad!! i was thinking the same thing.. and i hear non vtecs are very nice to trubo so thats why i am considering that

Honda530
10-29-2002, 12:08 AM
yeah a turbo would be very nice. But if you dont ahve the cash. You could get some camshafts with cam gears. That would give you more of a hp than what you listed.

ShEaNy
10-29-2002, 12:12 AM
or Pnp, valves, header, chip maybe theres tons of stuff...:crazy:

C's 94 InTeGrA
10-29-2002, 12:30 PM
cam gears and pulleys was goin to be my next purchase and who makes trubos for integra's? i cant find any company that does

slowEJ6
10-29-2002, 04:43 PM
you cant find any?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
where are you looking? a blank screen?

Max-Rev, RevHard, DRAG, FMAX, piece together your own, etc etc....piecing it together yourself is where its at imo.

2ndGenTeg
10-30-2002, 12:30 AM
Cam gears, p&p, throttle body, intake manifold, chip, eyc. will all be next to useless without something necessitating the extra airflow, like camshafts or boost.

Almost any company that makes turbo kits makes one for the Integra. If you're getting a kit, I recommend the FMAX personally- I believe it comes with the best components. But I also agree with ej- piece it to gether yourself, if you have the time, money, and patience.

foreverzz
12-15-2002, 04:42 PM
i am debating whether or not to fabricate a custom turbo from a 16g eclipse turbo on my 318.
should be good for a good boost increase, and relatively inexpensive considering everything else is so expensive for bmws:crazy:

but we were looking at turbos for our 2002 honda ex also, and decided on a 75 wet shot of NOS. seemed to be the best bang for the buck....nos is alot of fun too.:yes:

C's 94 InTeGrA
12-16-2002, 02:13 PM
i know someone whos doin that to an integra so that should be pretty neat to seee how much he gains

foreverzz
12-16-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by C's 94 InTeGrA
i know someone whos doin that to an integra so that should be pretty neat to seee how much he gains
doing what? the 16g turbo?

sharkey65a
12-16-2002, 09:48 PM
the turbo would be a good idea, mainly cause its going to be substancial powergain and it will have alot more potential than running na the only thing is that its costly. in comparisons to the options that you said a turbo kit will cost around 12hun, unless you piece it together yourself in wich case it still wont be a whole lot less. with some new intake and ignition id say go with some exhaust, headers are a good idea, so is going with a cat back. if not then i say go with some internals like cams, valve springs, ect. both exhaust or cams and shit will run you a couple hun. for the least cash i say go with the headers or intake manifold

PooH DiGGLianO
12-17-2002, 12:33 PM
Dude, dont worry about the turbo's. Get an engine swap. You spend $3500+ on a turbo, then you'll have to upgrade pistons, fuel, spark, etc. I'm telling you, that ish gets costly. Trust me and go with a jdm b18c1 (gsr/sir). Throw in stage III cams and spockets. Then you'll have yourself an all-motor wonder. Plus you wont have worry about blowing your engine.

sharkey65a
12-17-2002, 07:46 PM
id doubt your finding a sir, or itr (since hes got an integra) engine thats goin to be less than 5 gs, not to mention who is doin the swap. and even after you do the swap and upgrade the cams and spockets, like you said your quickly goin to run into the same old na problem.... alot of cash= not alot of hp. if you go with a turbo kit (13-16hun) your likly goin to need new pistons and fuel pump, new ignition and maybe a intercooler since some kits dont come with em. even with those i dont see more than a grand-13hun in suportive upgrades. now youve just spend 26hun (vs the 50something a swap would bring) on a turbo that will have way more potential than any na also more avalible parts to upgrade= a much meaner ride.

CombatKit47
01-06-2003, 05:55 PM
http://www.i-m-racing.com/gredtdinturk.html
there is one right there took me less than 30 seconds to find and i didnt even go specific in search. i just put in "integra turbo" boom there ya go.