PDA

View Full Version : Tranny issues

Addict
10-22-2002, 12:31 PM
My cousin has a 93 Civic VX hatch....

The clutch pedal is real easy to press in and it has trouble getting into gear sometimes. According to the previous owner the clutch should on have about 10-15k miles on it. So I wasn't thinking that was it. What else should I look into on this thing?

He's on his way over here so I can actually see what its doing.

94_AcCoRd_EX
10-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Have you checked the master and slave cylinders? Mine were leaking, and the clutch would sometimes grab an inch from the floor. If you repeatedly pump the clutch, it will temporarily return it to normal pressure. After a bit though, it will become very easy to push in again.

ebpda9
10-22-2002, 12:44 PM
make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks. i've seen a prelude doing that because of a vacuum hose broke. also the clutch minght be going, if the cable wasn't adjusted correctly.

Addict
10-22-2002, 08:34 PM
Well i drove it. I didn't notice anything too bad about it. It shifted real smooth compared to my car.

The clutch grips. I put it in first, held the brake and let the clutch out. The engine stopped dead. I also put it in 5th from about 30mph and it bogged like it should.

He said the issue usually only happens when its cold. Once it warms up he said its ok.

I was thinking maybe it just needs to be adjusted. He didn't seem to be leaving any fluid behind.

ebpda9
10-22-2002, 08:50 PM
yeah i think he needs the cable adjusted