PDA

View Full Version : bad wiring?

DrumminBoy
10-20-2002, 07:06 PM
I just installed a new head unit, and occasionally when i use my turn signals, lights, or brake, the unit stops playing for 2 - 3 seconds then turns right back on. I've noticed some other things also. The lights behind my heat/ac panel will dim on one side or the other, or completely shut off sometimes. Also, my power locks go in and out. Sometimes they'll work, sometimes they wont. The fuse for the locks is fine, but i havent checked any of the others. I'm assuming they're fine. What would be causing all this to happen? :confused:

ebpda9
10-20-2002, 10:48 PM
that sounds weird. i never heard of that happening before. maybe while you installed the stereo you wacked some wires or some relays underneath the dash. start by checking those first. also did u buy a harness or you just taped the wires ?

kilo97civic
10-21-2002, 06:59 PM
another thing you might want to check the alternator and the battery...i put in some super bright headlights and when i turn them off with the car off my player shuts off...i checked the battery and charged it now there is no problem...