PDA

View Full Version : Weird dash light

kilo97civic
10-18-2002, 10:49 PM
Not sure but I have a question...I have a 97 Civic EX and I just notcied that the SRS is on all the time...Is that right?? Or am I just a retard??

Rob
10-18-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by kilo97civic
Not sure but I have a question...I have a 97 Civic EX and I just notcied that the SRS is on all the time...Is that right?? Or am I just a retard??
No, that means that there's something wrong with your Airbag system...that or there's just a glitch in your comp...either way I would take it by the dealer and have it checked out....

kilo97civic
10-18-2002, 11:42 PM
does that mean its going to go off in my face?? that would suck...

HoLun
10-19-2002, 12:10 AM
acutally it will break one or both of your arms before it hit your face if it goes off... so go get it fix ;)

kilo97civic
10-19-2002, 12:21 AM
dont be a retard...youre dumb...anyone ever tell you that??

ebpda9
10-19-2002, 01:05 AM
dude the srs light means that that there is a malfunction in the airbag system. it even can be a false alarm, and sometimes triggered by the idiglo gauges. also the airbags are not something to mess with. have it checked by a HONDA DEALER. i never heard of airbags blowing in your face if the light was on. usually the light is associated with the inability of the airbag to deploy.

Rob
10-19-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
dude the srs light means that that there is a malfunction in the airbag system. it even can be a false alarm, and sometimes triggered by the idiglo gauges. also the airbags are not something to mess with. have it checked by a HONDA DEALER. i never heard of airbags blowing in your face if the light was on. usually the light is associated with the inability of the airbag to deploy.
Geesh, relax Stefan...I already PM'd him and told him to take it to a Honda dealer...he's cool

imports_only98
10-19-2002, 10:30 AM
this doesnt seem to make any sense but, my manual says that when the SRS light comes on it could mean either it is working properly or there is a malfunction. i have a 98...u have a 97...same gen. i would look at the maual. there is a section that talks about this whole thing. u might not have a problem at all. i know that sounds retarded....but thats what it says!!!

-amy

Rob
10-19-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by imports_only98
this doesnt seem to make any sense but, my manual says that when the SRS light comes on it could mean either it is working properly or there is a malfunction. i have a 98...u have a 97...same gen. i would look at the maual. there is a section that talks about this whole thing. u might not have a problem at all. i know that sounds retarded....but thats what it says!!!

-amy
LOL...I'm sure if you re-read your manual it will say that it should come on and go off within a couple of seconds after starting the car...this is the system performing a "self-check" on itself. If it comes on and goes off within a couple of seconds, everything should be good. It is comes on and stays on, then that means there's a problem...